• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Smart Roadster Brabus Xclusive

As we’ve discussed, many a time, the month of May is THE month when special cars come out of their garages to be traded because “someone’s” got their eye on a new fancy

As we’ve discussed, many a time, the month of May is THE month when special cars come out of their garages to be traded because “someone’s” got their eye on a new fancy
There is definitely something about May.
My F31 - bought in May
My S204 - bought in May
My E91 - bought in May
Mrs S's Leon - bought in May
Mrs S's Ibiza - bought in May
Octavia Mk1 ....... yep.

Must be something to do with the alignment of the planets.

There is definitely something about May.
My F31 - bought in May
My S204 - bought in May
My E91 - bought in May
Mrs S's Leon - bought in May
Mrs S's Ibiza - bought in May
Octavia Mk1 ....... yep.

Must be something to do with the alignment of the planets.
May even begin with an M, just like Mike.

May even begin with an M, just like Mike.
Rising sap, methinks. ‘Tis the Season.

Have a whale of a time.

Can’t beat “old lady, only used to drive it to Church on Sunday” mileage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

VED is £168 per year, but of a kicker considering there’s also one day of the month left.
I called the main dealer today to buy a set of wiper blades - incredibly they have been discontinued and no longer stocked by main dealers. So I have bought myself a set of Bosch Aerotwim.
So you drove it home under his VED, which expired at midnight.

And you taxed it from the new month. Didn't you?

I don’t usually post photos of cars I buy but this one might be a rare exception. It’s both almost a Mercedes and an unusual example, and so it might be of interest to some MBClubbers, so here it is.

Yesterday I picked up a Smart Roadster Brabus. I know, I know it’s a little dull compared to a Mercedes-AMG ForFour Black Series AMG Sport Plus Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Navi facelift powered by Brabus.

It’s a very very low-mileage car which is in truly exceptional and original condition. It has missed a few services but it has been serviced almost every year by Mercedes/Smart with paid invoices.

It has some incredibly rare options including the hard top and luggage rack with integrated high-level brake light - it even has a tiny sticker on the luggage rack in perfect condition which wasn’t removed in the PDI

Inside and outside it’s completely standard - except for factory options and original accessories - and as-new throughout. It’s Speed Silver with black leather interior (including the dashboard) and it’s all in fantastic condition.

Shod with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, the wheels are original Brabus Style VI design with the most ridiculously deep dish filling the wide arches. I love these wheels and if I can find the right set then I’ll get mother set..

I’ve wanted one since they were launched but couldn’t t really have one at the time as I would never use it whilst our children were young, but I’ve watched them ever since wishfully thinking.

I’ve waited very patiently for a very low mileage example to come up - and missed out by minutes on a 15,000 mile example last September - so I bought this one immediately and unseen.

It had 7,742 miles on the mileometer when I picked it up and so driving it its as close as it gets to driving a new one in 18 years ago. Its days as a garage queen are over - it will be driven …lots!

full

full
Very, very Smart. In every meaning of the word😁

That looks fab Rob. Your patience has been rewarded. Now, seeing as the red ragtop will now be surplus to your requirements I will train it down to yours whenever suits to collect.

You’re welcome. 👌
Ehem,
There is a queue, you know.

So you drove it home under his VED, which expired at midnight.

And you taxed it from the new month. Didn't you?
I taxed it today, so effective for the whole of the month of May even though I’ll only use it tomorrow (and driving home).

That looks fab Rob. Your patience has been rewarded. Now, seeing as the red ragtop will now be surplus to your requirements I will train it down to yours whenever suits to collect.

You’re welcome. 👌
Ant, you’re a good friend 😁

Now that looks fab.
Love the wheels also

What do you have in your stable now....?
Thank you! The wheels are lovely looking things, the Brabus Style VI is my favourite wheel of all time.

I love all sorts of cars but my favourites are roadsters and SUVs.

That looks a peach.
Very well done to you for holding out for probably one of the best examples still in existence.

the gearbox is a bit …rubbish
It isn't.
Downshifts with a blip of throttle are faster than any manual - unless you skip gears with the manual. Upshifts aren't slow. Merely noticeable on account of time on your hands not having to poke at a pedal and waggle a stick. They can be quickened though by removing the moulding frazes on the plastic pipes leading to and from the turbo compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom