• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Smart Roadster Brabus Xclusive

It isn't.
Downshifts with a blip of throttle are faster than any manual - unless you skip gears with the manual. Upshifts aren't slow. Merely noticeable on account of time on your hands not having to poke at a pedal and waggle a stick. They can be quickened though by removing the moulding frazes on the plastic pipes leading to and from the turbo compressor.
True, but I’m trying to give him reasons to sell it to me ….

Last edited:
Mr Dazzler, congratulations on the dazzling piece of mechanical perfection. Please start a youtube project channel to retrofit the :
Mercedes AMG
Black Series AMG Sport Plus
Night Edition
Premium Plus
125 Navi
with facelift trim.
😁😁😁

We took it out for a spin today. Unfortunately closed roads due to resurfacing and accidents - combined with on and off rain - meant that it wasn’t quite the maiden voyage I hoped for but, it was enough for Mrs D to form judgement and for me to develop the knack for smoother manual shifts. Very pleased so far.

So last night I had an opportunity to drive our new Smart Roadster Brabus on some quieter roads, to explore the performance and handling and my goodness it really comes alive.

It’s diminutive proportions means that you can carry much more speed everywhere, and it’s lightweight, tight handling and direct steering means that it’s go-kart fun to drive.

I expected that though. What I didn’t expect was that the performance is much more urgent and the gear shifts are much faster in manual mode than contemporary road tests suggest.

It was a lovely dry evening so we took the hard top off for the first time, which was relatively straight forward. Putting it back on for the first time - in the dark was slightly trickier but managed it.

It’s brimmed it with Vpower ready to be used. We passed the 8,000 mile marker yesterday, the first of many miles to come. It will be lavished with the best care but it’s days as a garage queen are gone!

full

That looks fun

Hope to do similar in the SLK when well enough (back in A&E - long story but not too serious)

Umm, that's a fair bit of camber in that rear wheeI I just noticed though....?

That looks fun

Hope to do similar in the SLK when well enough (back in A&E - long story but not too serious)

Umm, that's a fair bit of camber in that rear wheeI I just noticed though....?
Thank you 🙏🏻

Yes the rear camber does look pretty punchy!

I hope you bounce back from your A&E trip very soon 👍🏻

Nipped to the supermarket this afternoon to get some French and took the long way home to stretch its legs in some fast roads.

A few miles from home there was a smell of petrol which didn’t fade so I parked it in a place where it wouldn’t damage the drive if petrol was leaking.

The plan was that I’d wait 15-30 minutes and move the car to see if there was anything in the ground. As I walked away I had a brainwave.

I opened the filler flap and confirmed my suspicions: I’d left the filler cap on top of the petrol pump when I brimmed it last night!

The filler flap is just behind the drivers right shoulder and I’m guessing a combination of hot weather and spirited driving prompted the whiff.

Went back to the petrol station and the girl that worked there had no idea what a fuel filler cap was and so didn’t know whether they had it.

Fortunately she called her boss who did know what a fuel filler cap is and knew where mine had been placed for safe keeping. Now safely retrieved 👍🏻

Been out for a spin in it and petrol smells have gone. It’s cooler outside now though so I’ll need to take it another few runs to be sure 👀

Congratulations, its an exciting purchase, very beautiful and a very good example in top notch condition. Well done, hopefully will see it in the flesh soon 👍 🙂

Congratulations, great car, i remember you talking obout them at the BOTG. We have always admired them being Smart fans. We bought a 451 Brabus Xclusuve five years ago which i had mapped, gearbox & engine 130 bhp. It does drive like a GoKart, since it was mapped. It is one of the best designed cars i've ever driven. I use Evolution quite a bit, they recommended the company that mapped the 451 + things like spark plugs etc, highly recommende.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom