• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

So you have won the Lottery......

That's the really hard bit. A logical garage would include a 4x4 for winter and carrying stuff, a comfortable saloon for long journeys and evenings out and a sports car for weekends.

Choosing just one car is difficult - it would need to be a complete all-rounder. I would be tempted towards a 4x4 for the load carrying capacity and high driving position, yet would prefer a saloon for speed, comfort and roadholding on winding roads.

Hence the RS6......:D

Surely if you had won millions then you would retire to some island paradise, and the only all round vehicle you would need is a cart, perhaps twin axle, (avec le sunshade and drinks cooler) with a four legged horse and driver to leisurely pull you around the island.

Lamborghini miura in lime green ...the first supercar Id ever driven.....it blew me away as an apprentice....still does now 32 years later!!!

A new Range Rover Supercharged, nothing else would do everything quite as well.

impossible. i love cars too much to be restricted to one haha but i guess id be on the blower to Brabus to arrange a meeting to fully spec out a Brabus 800 EV12 W212 or Brabus 800 S Limo. but then a mental 4x4 would be a hoot. oh and i dont care about deprecation because I've won the lottery!

Surely if you had won millions then you would retire to some island paradise, and the only all round vehicle you would need is a cart.............

Like this one?

golf_cart_on_beach_galleryfull

Cost of your dream has just doubled...!

So the pipe dream of winning the lotto has now doubled in price.

It seems very odd to me that in a supposed recession, when interest in playing is declining, Camelot's response is to DOUBLE the cost of playing! How attractive is that?

I never played Eurolotto before because the cost of a pipedream was two quid a punt. Now it's the same for the national lottery, I'll be cancelling my entry. I wonder how many others will do the same.

It seems very odd to me that in a supposed recession, when interest in playing is declining, Camelot's response is to DOUBLE the cost of playing!

The lottery is a backhanded tax on the 'poor' to get them to cover the shortcomings of whichever shower is running the country at the time.

The amount Camelot pay out is less than half of the receipts and 12% of the takings goes to The Treasury, which in 2010/2011 was around £700 million.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lottery is a backhanded tax on the 'poor...

Yes, we all know that, but as evidenced in this thread and on the figure of 35 odd million players every week, lots of people play because it's the only way - albeit miniscule - they might just get lucky and get rich. And it has been obvious that the cost of the dream has just about been affordable at £1 a go...

But that's not my point. My point is that given the fact that most people have less spare cash and given the fact that many people have stopped playing because they recognise the futility of it, and given the fact people can find better ways of spending their money, why would the organisers think that doubling the cost to everyone would be attractive? Dooooogh....!

Haha!!!

Hmm so the lottery has been going for 20 years at a quid a week I've saved over a £1000, not bad :D

I'd have a 560SEL in black with an oxblood or burgundy leather interior.

Hmm, that's tough, there are a few cars I would like, but one to tick all of the boxes for a family man, well I would commission Maserati to build me a bespoke Granturismo that was a one of a kind, 1000hp / tq monster.

Either that or spend a ridiculous amount getting a third party to produce an absolute beast of one where the sky was the limit and it was one of a kind.

If it wasn't for the fact I would need back seats, something that could be a relaxing drive, not overly noisy and as much of a track monster it would be something like the Agera R, or of course the Hennessey, but we all know they would be just stupid to live with on a daily basis so they do not count :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom