Soon to be C350 Cdi Estate Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vorbis

Car
C350 Elegance Estate
Just taken the plunge and ordered C350 CDI elegance estate. Loved the look of the sport, but found the ride a bit harsh and the seats a bit uncomfortable (I'm big boned:)). Dealer didnt have an Elegance to try, but I made the order anyway. Hope I haven't made a mistake with the elegance as there don't seem to be too many around.

Welcome to you.

Elegance's sit a bit higher and have higher profile tyres, the combination of which will give you a less sporty stance (which may not be important to you).

Of course, you can change the wheel/tyre combination if you wish.

Elegance is nice but you could have got a sport with comfort springs, or the advanced agility pack (switchable suspension) :)

Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome guys:thumb:, having a nightmare trying to decide whether to stick with the elegance order or switch to a sport. Problem is the elegance is in uk stock whereas a sport would be a factory order and I'm being told the next build slot is December and the dealer has already taken my old car in to stock in px. The only 350 cdi sports in uk stock have huge extras which don't make any sense when buying on a pcp. My other option is to switch to a 250 cdi sport, will I notice much difference in performance between this and the 350?

Biggest downside of the 250 is refinement, Merc 4cyl diesels are not as refined as the competition, but the 6cyl ones are ahead.

Advantages are fuel economy though, significantly better on the 250. Not many V6 C classes around for that reason (that and the price difference).

Facelift models have increased levels of refinements.

I've just moved from a 2010 ML300 to a 2011 C220 CDI. Personally I think the engine sounds like a muffled Subaru boxer engine.

I did Brighton and back last night, an 88 mile round trip at 54mpg. I've never owned a car this economical.

The 350 delivers it's power in a much nicer way.

I'm in the C220 on price.

Difference from 220 to 350 = circa £6500

Difference from 250 to 350 = circa £3900 even less by the time you've added auto to the 250 which is standard on the 350

If you are considering a 250 I think I'd hold out for a C350 or even consider an E350 - you might be surprised how little there is in it on a pcp deal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys:thumb:, having a nightmare trying to decide whether to stick with the elegance order or switch to a sport. Problem is the elegance is in uk stock whereas a sport would be a factory order and I'm being told the next build slot is December and the dealer has already taken my old car in to stock in px. The only 350 cdi sports in uk stock have huge extras which don't make any sense when buying on a pcp. My other option is to switch to a 250 cdi sport, will I notice much difference in performance between this and the 350?

Some in the mid range, the 350 will be smoother and gruntier, but the over all sports package you get I'd probably opt for the 4 clyinder car to get the sports spec seating, suspension, brakes and steering that make the car nicer to drive.

The 250cdi is a more peaky power delivery and will be rougher than the 350cdi (which is very smooth and hushed and will deliver power more consistently over its rev range)

Test both.

Well just back from the dealer after test driving an elegance & a sport and have decided to stick with my original order. The sport was more striking to look at, however the ride was too hard, but the worst thing for me were the seats, which gave me back ache after about half an hour. The ride on the elegance was much nicer for general driving and when I took it round some twisty bits in never felt like it would let go and the seats were a million times more comfortable so in all a much more pleasurable experience for me personally. Also the understated look of the elegance is somehow more what I expected from a Mercedes. Picking it up on the 1st and now happy I made the right choice. Mercedes Colchester were very helpful in making sure I was completely satisfied, so a definite recommend from me.

I have a sport and I find the ride harsh, even with the optional smaller 17" wheels.

I wish they would offer comfort suspension on the sport range.

Its arrived:thumb:

Got a call yesterday afternoon to say the car had arrived at the dealers. Popping down on Saturday to have a look and will take the owners manual home for a read. The wait until 1st September will be unbareable:wallbash:

My new car is arriving this afternoon. I can't wait:) Will be taking it for a spin at midnight :bannana:

Having driven Elegance & Sport, I agree good choice. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom