South Africa - Aftermarket Mods / Addons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shearder

Car
2003 C230K Coupe
Anyone know of decent (hard to find in SA) aftermarket part sellers in South Africa? Particularly Gauteng Area?

Now that the comand is available for the C class I am thinking of adding it.

If you have the same specs as in the UK, the C-class Comand is a watered down version. It is also fitted to the Smart ForFour and will be in the new A-class. It has an integrated DVD drive that only plays the nav disc or audio CD's. this means that you can't listen to a CD and have the Nav maps on the screen! Also won't play movie DVD's or MP3's.

Kate

lil.smartie said:
If you have the same specs as in the UK, the C-class Comand is a watered down version. It is also fitted to the Smart ForFour and will be in the new A-class. It has an integrated DVD drive that only plays the nav disc or audio CD's. this means that you can't listen to a CD and have the Nav maps on the screen! Also won't play movie DVD's or MP3's.

Kate

That is a serious bummer!!! i was going to trade my car for a new C-Class estate with the new Comand, electric seats, Bi-Xenon etc... basically a full house. We pay R21000.00 SA Rands here for that Comand alone :mad: and i am pleased I have "heard" what you have said. Probably keep my Coupe another 2 years, due to bad 2nd hand market at the moment, and get myself a new E-Class with a full functional Comand in 2007.

Thanks Kate for that seriously important info!! ;)

lil.smartie said:
It has an integrated DVD drive that only plays the nav disc or audio CD's. this means that you can't listen to a CD and have the Nav maps on the screen! Also won't play movie DVD's or MP3's.
So there is no CD changer for the facelift W203/W169/Smart at all?

Nope! Wasn't even on our options list for the Smart so we had it out at the weekend to see just what was going on and it is a totally different unit to the pics on MBenznl.com from the W211. The only thing that is the same is the front of the unit which even has a video button although there seems to be no way of getting a video output!

Took some electronics knowledge to get the MP3 player going through the aux channel even, feel sorry for anyone who needs to pay perc prices for this!

kate

Thanks Kate! I guess i would have spent the same on the Comand for the C as it costs for the E class but got only half the functionality!

Sheesh!! could Merc rip us off any more blatantly!!!!!

Well we have just found out that we get 2 years warranty on Smarts in the UK but Canada gets 4 years!!! Still waiting for an explanation!

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom