Spacesaver wheel for w205 c200 sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jalloy57

Car
Merc w205 c200
Hi, Having bought a jacking kit for my w205 c200 I am struggling to get a spacesaver. I have the info for the wheel but on replying to adverts on ebay I seem to get the same monotonous reply “It won’t fit”. Anyone know which models share the same fitting ? If the spec is correct with a 17” wheel what is the difference between them, stud centres/offset ? Not being tight but the one’s which are advised as being specific to the 205 are the best part of £120...That’s sig more than a decent full size. I would really appreciate some guidance here. Thanking you in advance.

What year is the car and what size wheel and tyre is fitted now. Tyre dimensions also . Thanks .

Hi, Having bought a jacking kit for my w205 c200 I am struggling to get a spacesaver. I have the info for the wheel but on replying to adverts on ebay I seem to get the same monotonous reply “It won’t fit”. Anyone know which models share the same fitting ? If the spec is correct with a 17” wheel what is the difference between them, stud centres/offset ? Not being tight but the one’s which are advised as being specific to the 205 are the best part of £120...That’s sig more than a decent full size. I would really appreciate some guidance here. Thanking you in advance.

C200 sport 2016 running 225/50/17’s. Wondering if a w204 is any good?

Are there any Merc breakers who visit the forum who can supply a wheel so I know I’m getting the right kit ? Otherwise it’s guesswork & commonly uncertain advice from sellers (given in good faith I’m sure) but it’s a whole load of hassle if it’s incorrect.
Would really appreciate any help.

I went through this, i will go and find out the number of the wheel that will fit, give me a few minutes and i will be back. Blimey its freezing out there. If you look on the spare wheel web sites they say an inch difference in wheel size is ok. But my wheels are 225 45 18 front 245 40 18 rear as mine is the W205 amg line.. The spare is off a model W207 or W212 - RA Mercedes part no/ 2074000102 tyre size 135 80 17. There may be someone who has another tyre size thats ok as well. i've tried this on the front and back and it clears everything fine, look on ebay i paid £40 delivered ( now word of warning don't start jumping up and down like i did as there is not much tread, these tyres come with 3mm as new.) Yes i did that to who i bought it from and they kindly pointed that out to me, Eeek. So this 17 should be fine for you.

Last edited:
I went through this, i will go and find out the number of the wheel that will fit, give me a few minutes and i will be back. Blimey its freezing out there. If you look on the spare wheel web sites they say an inch difference in wheel size is ok. But my wheels are 225 45 18 front 245 40 18 rear as mine is the W205 amg line.. The spare is off a model W207 or W212 - RA Mercedes part no/ 2074000102 tyre size 135 80 17. There may be someone who has another tyre size thats ok as well. i've tried this on the front and back and it clears everything fine, look on ebay i paid £40 delivered ( now word of warning don't start jumping up and down like i did as there is not much tread, these tyres come with 3mm as new.) Yes i did that to who i bought it from and they kindly pointed that out to me, Eeek. So this 17 should be fine for you.
I agree, go a size down because the spare tyre is a higher profile. My space saver from E250 sport with 19” alloys fitted the Wife’s B200 with 18’ alloys fine, I just went down a size I think, don’t worry too much as it’s for emergency only and you will never need it now you have one.

Hey thanks guys. I spoke to a Mercedes dealership about this a while back. Their response was ‘As the w205 c200 comes with a repair kit (and no spare wheel well) there is no part no. for a spacesaver for this model’...Helpful eh ? There is a spacesaver for a w207/w212 for sale on ebay but the seller says no good for w205 despite it being the right size from what I can deduce. Do I bid for it anyway ? btw what I want this wheel for really is just to support the car when need tyre change/repair...Figure this is better than smashed undertrays at local tyre depot.

Something like this
Thanks guys. I get the idea of going down to 16” rim...gives an overall diameter only15mm greater than std wheel so as long as studs are the same should be fine. Any problems with offset or is that pretty much irrelevant with a spacesaver ?

Thanks guys. I get the idea of going down to 16” rim...gives an overall diameter only15mm greater than std wheel so as long as studs are the same should be fine. Any problems with offset or is that pretty much irrelevant with a spacesaver ?
The offset for my e350 coupe spare is nothing like the alloy wheel offset .

Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom