Spark plug change on C32 M112

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yes it is and yes they are.
There is an offset 17mm open ended spanner available to aid the removal of the spark plug lead but I found that using a standard 17mm open ended spanner worked fine.
Do not pull the wire to remove the lead as it can damage the lead and when levering the plug connector off make sure you are forcing it in the same direction as the plug is pointing ie not trying to push it sideways off the plug.
Remove the air filter boxes and inlet pipes. Remove the coils from the camshaft cover, noting lead fitment.
It is a fiddly job, especially the rearmost plugs but patience and care will prevail.
Despite being told by the previous owner all the plugs had been changed on mine only three had been and the other nine had been in there for 77,000 miles and were very tight to remove.
Tony

There are markings on the cam covers and coil packs to get the leads back on correctly. They can indeed be tight to unscrew. It helps if the engine is hot, but it makes it more unpleasant for your hands. A discomfort worth suffering imo. I always put some copperslip on the threads, but some people will probably disagree with that. I've probably replaced two sets of plugs a week for the last twenty five years, and it's not caused a problem yet...

Have always used copperslip for past 30 + years and never had a problem changing plugs

I used to use a specific short extension and an air rachet to get them out, much quicker, then copper slip new ones in by hand before tightening. They are easy after you do them for a few years....

Still haven't got round to doing this but as I'm in the states at the mo I thought I would buy the plugs over here. Local auto parts store recommend Denso SK20R11 plugs, good enough or stick with Bosch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom