Spark plug mix and match

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are paying someone else to do the job then ask for the old plugs back.
When I bought my C32 it had a receipt for having all 12 plugs renewed not long before I bought it and the seller said it was a trusted mechanic who had worked on all his cars.
I found that only the front cylinders had been changed and the remainder were original MB plugs that looked and felt like they had been in there for the 70k miles the car had done.

Tony

I got all caught up in this and I have just sourced a set of Bosch for under £50.

MB needed my chasis number to advise a price (I am in Paris and of course I have that with me...) so a local motor factors it was.

Will have a proper look at the old ones when I change them out (with a mate who knows what he's doing and has the tools)

Just to add, Platinum plugs should not be re-gaped They are Preset to the correct gap when manufactured,

You can regap Copper core plugs.

Just to add, Platinum plugs should not be re-gaped They are Preset to the correct gap when manufactured,

You can regap Copper core plugs.

Gav, Im just gonna get 6 more from MB, I won't be able to sleep at night otherwise :D

I would never use Champions in a Mercedes:(

Only Bosch and maybe NGK, and note these platinum tipped plugs are capable of doing 100 000 miles easily - luckily, as they are a b@tch to change.

I have used Champion spark plugs in the past and as far as I could tell they were no better or worse than Bosch or NGK or Denso or Beru.

NGK do have the the reputation of being 'the best', but like with many other 'best' any difference in performance is unlikely to be noticed on a standard road car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom