• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Spotted this.......

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
Sorry if its a repost.....but a rare car for sure...

Love the concept, but the execution is a bit off. Some of the aero additions on this era of Brabus are a bit much for me, but I wouldn't mind tickling the loud pedal on the autobahn. 230mph in a 4 seater is no joke!

Love the concept, but the execution is a bit off. Some of the aero additions on this era of Brabus are a bit much for me, but I wouldn't mind tickling the loud pedal on the autobahn. 230mph in a 4 seater is no joke!
Probably one of the few cars on the road where the aero additions could prove useful, unlike most cars where they are there to just add negative lightness

Should look at having that MCT 7 reinforced with all that power being loaded to it

It's an absolute monster, but I always think that Brabus need to be less shy with the branding.
I mean, there must be at least a couple of other places on that CLS where they could have put another 'B' badge ;)

What do you guys think about the price?....just to be clear Its so far out of my league that I don't really care if its very expensive or not (looks it to me)....just interested!!

What do you guys think about the price?....just to be clear Its so far out of my league that I don't really care if its very expensive or not (looks it to me)....just interested!!
I believe that it’a still a lot of car for the money but secondhand Rockets stay on the market for a very very long time.

The market for Rockets is teeny. People who want them buy new ones, so the secondhand market is almost non-existent.

Probably one of the few cars on the road where the aero additions could prove useful, unlike most cars where they are there to just add negative lightness
Oh I agree, all the aero will be completely functional, it's just not very aesthetically pleasant
Doesn't seem bad money to me for what you get, but the market is tiny I'm sure

Should look at having that MCT 7 reinforced with all that power being loaded to it
If it needed doing then I would trust Brabus to do it. Brabus engineer their cars very well so I doubt it would leave the factory if there was a weak link in the transmission.

Rare yes, but it’s just not special enough in my view. Can’t fault the tuned V12, but it’s not putting out that much more power than a remapped CLS63. Styling wise it has too many badges and bolt ons. But if you’ve got the money and want something rare, then at the right price it could be desirable to some. Although items like the upgraded brakes and alloys will no doubt be decent. Items like the rear diffuser and spoiler may help stability at high speed. The CLS does go very light over 170mph and is positively scarey at 200mph, so it would be good if the aero enhancements actually help, albeit only for the autobahn or private events. The 0-300kmh time seems about right. The gearbox can take the torque if mapped properly, so low down torque capped which it sounds like has been done. Final thing is why would a reputable tuner like Brabus fit cotton filters, surely the standard paper ones are better based on what I’ve read on here. What the heck were they thinking? On that basis I would guess the engine won’t last another 6k miles, so I would be out lol!

Gosh. That’s quite a thing. Only 6900 miles. 10 years old and it has 200 hp more than my own 2022 Brabus. Very appointed too.

Amazing piece of engineering but I think they are hoping it is something it is not? I feel the car would probably sell at £80-85k. £125k, hmmm. How many collectors actually know what a Rocket is?

On the price, there are very few four door cars that make it across the appreciating classic threshold. And Brabus, for whatever reason, has never managed to do what Ruf has done with Porsches and be recognised as a classic collectible brand. Brabi tend to retain a value percentage over and above equivalent AMGs, but not much more than that.

Having said that, I imagine this Rocket cost upwards of £300k when it was new 10 years ago so that's a
quite a cost per mile. But if you want a powerful Brabus V8 Mercedes, you can get a nearly new E class or C class with 650 hp and a much more advanced ability to actually put power down for the same price as this.

I prefer the original Rocket, however this looks equally as unhinged(in a good way).

Lots going on in terms of detail, I don't seem to recognise the engine, what engine is it based on?

I like the bootlid spoiler, looks unique. Not sure about the rest of the body kit though, I keep thinking Max Power 🤔5b111e08f1bb1f087b03283a4ed42eed.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Not forgetting of course that the steering wheel is on the wrong side and many UK drivers feel uncomfortable driving a LHD car on the road in this country. Ive owned three LHD cars so I'm fine with it....But that will affect the price too.......

Halfords who are quite famous for their range of carbon fibre reinforced composites.
I do remember them selling motorcycle carbon fibre tax disc holders ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom