• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Squealing brakes

Smiley

MB Enthusiast
Ok sorry it is on a VW Polo rather than a MB.
I replaced the discs and pads about 40k miles ago (Bosch). Now they are squealing when applied. Pretty sure it is the front - the rear is drum. I have cleaned the pads and caliper and put copper grease on. But still squealing. Any tips please?

Thanks Olly but I did that as well when I had the pads out. I am wondering if it is the design of the pad - both pads have a three point spring clip on the back that locates them in the caliper piston or on the fixed side. I put copper grease on the clips - just a smear - am now wondering about getting some anti squeal paste?

Have you checked if the pads are directional - e.g. marked with an arrow or a 'this side out'? I found that on my previous Vauxhall the pads were absolutely symmetrical yet had an arrow mark. Which did not stop the Vauxhall dealer from installing them the wrong way around, as I later found out when checking why they squealed!.

Last edited:
No shims - no room for them in this design. Big metal clip in the middle of the back of the pad.
No direction arrows on there either.
Thanks for the replies though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom