• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Starbucks

I still maintan the best coffee you can buy is in the bar under my house in the mountains in Bardonecchia... they also do an evil hot chocolate once you're done skiing... it's so thick, you can stand a spoon in it!

That said - I am looking for a StarBucks in London :p St. Catherine's warf it'll be (though I did like the idea of the one in the Church behind the majors house!)

M.

I still maintan the best coffee you can buy is in the bar under my house in the mountains in Bardonecchia... they also do an evil hot chocolate once you're done skiing... it's so thick, you can stand a spoon in it!

That said - I am looking for a StarBucks in London :p St. Catherine's warf it'll be (though I did like the idea of the one in the Church behind the majors house!)

M.

you really should push the boat out and take her to bardonecchia dude ;)

Starbucks and the other big chains are exactly that, big chains that are consistent in their mediocrity. Just like you wouldn't expect an outstanding burger from McDee's, you'll never get an outstanding coffee in these places...

Just like we have a forum for Mercedes enthusiasts, there are plenty of forums for the speciality coffee industry. Just take a look at Too Much Coffee, or Coffee Geek and you'll see the extents some of us go to to ensure the we serve the best possible drinks to our paying customers. It's about standards, what's the point in spending thousands on equipment and then not really training your staff on how to use it?
It really is a science on how to select the right beans, roast, grind and extract them to ensure you're getting the best possible drink. Then there's foaming the milk and pouring correctly... Passion is the key, to a growing number of independents, there's a love of what we do and what can be achieved.
Anyway, rant over :o

Don't have them very often, but I like the marshmallows!

Just spent new years skiing in Sestrieres, nice to see you're from the area. Do you go back to Italy regularly? I am 2 weeks out of three on Lago Maggiore.

Ciao!

Just spent new years skiing in Sestrieres, nice to see you're from the area. Do you go back to Italy regularly? I am 2 weeks out of three on Lago Maggiore.

Ciao!

Unfortunately, no. My family is originally from Veneto, but is now spread across the world which means that I need to "take turns".

I used to go quite often to Rome as "she" was from there; but things change and ... well ... it's a long story, and not one I want to get into :)

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom