Started to Clean to 300CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That, was time very well spent.

Hats off to you Sir.

Bromley pageant

Hi was at the pageant today with my red 450 sl
See your car looking good - a lot of polishing spoilt by rain today
Lots of intrest in car today - went with guy who had the amg sl

Are you going to any other shows this year?

Hi was at the pageant today with my red 450 sl
See your car looking good - a lot of polishing spoilt by rain today
Lots of intrest in car today - went with guy who had the amg sl

Are you going to any other shows this year?

Hi Dan, saw your 450 - very nice mate. The weather was pretty disappointing, especially as it's usually a corker.

Hadn't thought about any other shows - are there any others up & coming?

Lovely car but...your passenger door looks a little droopy. Maybe a hinge problem?

Lovely car but...your passenger door looks a little droopy. Maybe a hinge problem?

Cheers!! Yeah, the door adjustment is on my list of niggles to get sorted - i'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem to resolve.

Those coupes just get better looking with age. :rock:

Looks in excellent condition. :thumb:

Cheers WDB, it's on the to do list!

A job well done Sir! looks very nice,

Btw the 3mm lift is really a minor job to achieve. Just adjust the door stiker using a torx bit, cnt remember which size though i think about 40-45. They can be on very tight and i would advise to just loosen the bolts just a little and tap the striker upwards with a ruber mallet. Tighten and see desired effect, do the steps each time until happy. They adjust up, down, in and out.

Door doesnt look too bad at all, looks like the qtr window strip has come off the clips which is making it look mis-aligned. Easy to take off and clip back in. :thumb:

Those coupes just get better looking with age. :rock:

Looks in excellent condition. :thumb:

Cheers SP! Fortunately, the colour does hide the bubbling rust well. She does need both front wings replacing and i have a 50p patch on each of the rear arches which i've had a quote to get done. Now just need to save up the ol' pennies!

Looking good there 300CE - see it at the Medway GTG I hope?

Cheers Mike, unfortunately, it doesn't look like i'm going to be able to make the GTG as the boss has plans for me to do the decorating (her logic is if i can spend a weekend cleaning the car then i can certainly get the room done). Will be a last minute thing if i can :thumb:

A job well done Sir! looks very nice,

Btw the 3mm lift is really a minor job to achieve. Just adjust the door stiker using a torx bit, cnt remember which size though i think about 40-45. They can be on very tight and i would advise to just loosen the bolts just a little and tap the striker upwards with a ruber mallet. Tighten and see desired effect, do the steps each time until happy. They adjust up, down, in and out.

Door doesnt look too bad at all, looks like the qtr window strip has come off the clips which is making it look mis-aligned. Easy to take off and clip back in. :thumb:

Thanks Bill, i'm getting there with it! Cheers for the info concerning the door - looks like it shouldn't be too much of a pain in the backside then :thumb:

Last edited:
SAME COLOUR AS BOTH OF MINE, FOR ME NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THAT COLOUR WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT THE 2ND CAR AS ITS NOT very often i see one in that colour

oops caps

i should get my 2nd one adapted and use that as mechanically/electrically its perfect but the knackered one has the AMG kit, more expense, easier to just ignore both

yours looks stunning

SAME COLOUR AS BOTH OF MINE, FOR ME NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THAT COLOUR WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT THE 2ND CAR AS ITS NOT very often i see one in that colour

oops caps

i should get my 2nd one adapted and use that as mechanically/electrically its perfect but the knackered one has the AMG kit, more expense, easier to just ignore both

yours looks stunning

Cheers GFP :thumb: She was looking bit sorry for herself when i bought her for a grand a year ago. Initially i was only intending to have the car for a year, but now have the bug and have spent a few quid! Went straight through the MOT with no advisories as well which was good.

The photo's do make the car look better as she really does need two front wings and the rear arches sorted, but will see if the finances permit me to get this done. If i do, i'll probably go for an engine rebuild as well.

Looks like you have the 124 bug?!

So pleased your looking after your W124, I had a 1994 320 CE and spent hours on it looking after that bodywork but the front wheel arches went rusty and already spent about £7,500 on repairing things at MB over 4 years so I sold it in 2006.
The car was very well built and superb to drive (in the dry), but found the steering a bit stuffy even after I had a new steering box fitted.
I now have a 2004 CLK270 CDI and very pleased with it but not quite the build quality of the W124, well thats progress for you.
Keep it up, you have one of the last great Merc`s but I think you already know that.
Reggie

Last edited:
Again at the Bromley Pageant 2012:

Attachments

• Merc 1.jpg
    Merc 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom