• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

I just could not be ar£ed to click on the clickedy clickbait daily wail link, but he ho somebody may be feeling post festive suicidal tendencies .......

Ulez made me go bald

Air pollution leads to a lot more than hair loss. I suppose people should just gloss over that. 👀

I do sympathise with his situation, but a business running in London that can’t survive an unexpected £300/m additional expense is destined for failure - better off just getting a standard job.

Air pollution leads to a lot more than hair loss. I suppose people should just gloss over that. 👀

I do sympathise with his situation, but a business running in London that can’t survive an unexpected £300/m additional expense is destined for failure - better off just getting a standard job.

I know your type. I bet you didn't shed a tear for cotton mill workers, either..... :D

So far I’ve avoided any ULEZ charges visiting relatives , because they live just inside the zone and the camera keeps getting cut down.
The latest cut down post stump had a Christmas tree poking out of it ….
It’s ok for you, it’s your relatives who will be paying for the replacement cameras.

So far I’ve avoided any ULEZ charges visiting relatives , because they live just inside the zone and the camera keeps getting cut down.
The latest cut down post stump had a Christmas tree poking out of it ….

On the other hand I can think of a few people who would keep their non-compliant cars so that they can use the ULEZ charge as an excuse to avoid visiting relatives... :D

On the other hand I can think of a few people who would keep their non-compliant cars so that they can use the ULEZ charge as an excuse to avoid visiting relatives... :D
You resemble that remark? :)

They will and so will everyone when pay per mile kicks in . But yes I’m pleased I’m not paying and can keep the car for longer .
Where has it been confirmed pay per mile is happening using ULEZ cameras?

There’s a facebook page, Matt Houston, where they lead the authorities a right merry dance and claim a couple of Boroughs as being free of the cameras. I don’t know if that’s the case but perhaps that’s why Genghis has reportedly brought the heavies in to deal with them. Some of the clips are quite funny especially the one where a TFL driver gets taken away by the police for trying to drive a car with stickers and eggs all over his windscreen

That's a somewhat simplistic (and a bit snobby !) view. As I stated I haven't read the article but with a heck of a lot of people it's not the ulez in isolation that's the problem. The ulez is just the straw that broke the camels back, COVID, Brexit increased rents, increased fuel and energy costs, high interest rates etc etc.

I closed my business down when the first ulez came in. It wasn't the main reason (I just could not face one more day dealing with the ignorant, rude, thick and generally smelly scum that make up the general public nowadays). It would have cost me a lot more than 300 quid a month to replace my 14 foot bodied Luton van especially after Khan shafted me for the 7 grand scrappage.

I used to sit outside my shop all day breathing in £hite so I understand the need for something to done but I just think it should have been brought in on a staggered basis just to get people used to and moving in the right direction, without shafting them, say a quid a day for the first 6 months, then a fiver, then the full whack after a year or so.

But he ho it's here now. Just Khan's next plan of stopping travel cards to £uck even more people over to worry about !!!!

Where has it been confirmed pay per mile is happening using ULEZ cameras?
No confirmation so far, just posts repeating rumour and speculation.

Not that ULEZ cameras would be needed to monitor mileage when just about every driver carries a mobile phone with them that does the job far more efficiently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom