• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

When I was a spotty teenager many decades ago, my sister convinced me that I should use her toner/face cleanser which would help reduce bacteria build up on the skin.

I followed her advice but didn't really see what the benefit was. I would apply this transparent fluid onto a cotton wool pad and wipe my face with it and nothing happens.

One time, I was in London and on the tube, just taking a day out. When I got back home that evening and applied this cleaning routine, I couldn't believe it. The cotton pad came out black with soot.

So the particles sticks a black layer onto your skin, imagine what it is doing to your lungs.

Attachments

• 13C63229-7FC8-4067-93E6-A1B80A6C57B0.png
    13C63229-7FC8-4067-93E6-A1B80A6C57B0.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 12
Surprised nobody has posted about it, but Khan is now saying that there’s a brand new report that shows <attached picture>

His team are very busy on Twitter, posting multiple times a day, often about ULEZ

*I’m not presenting an opinion on ULEZ or the mayor here, just presenting seemingly relevant info to this thread.

Some more info regarding the financial aspects here:

Some more info regarding the financial aspects here:

I’m not reading this but going by the strapline it’s going to bring in several hundred million I profit but by 2027 it won’t?

Kahn won’t be about by then but I’m sure that whoever takes over ain’t going to be happy about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not reading this but going by the strapline it’s going to bring in several hundred million I profit but by 2027 it won’t?

Kahn won’t be about by then but I’m sure that whoever takes over ain’t going to be happy about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

What I meant to point out was that I can see the argument that Khan's haste is due to the fact the ULEZ revenues will drop over time once the non compliant cars get older (and people getting rid of them), so the earlier he start the more TfL collects.

That’s when road pricing comes in , when most cars are compliant and the revenue drops . This is where the new ULEZ cameras which are being opposed will come in .
Flick of a switch and everyone is being charged for every journey . Make sure you leave London in the next few years ;)

What I meant to point out was that I can see the argument that Khan's haste is due to the fact the ULEZ revenues will drop over time once the non compliant cars get older (and people getting rid of them), so the earlier he start the more TfL collects.
So he’s out to grab while he can?

Looks this way. Mind, I think that ULEZ is a good thing, even if Khan's is being dishonest about his real motives.
I agree with having a clean zone. Who wouldn’t?

BUT the execution of the entire project is an absolute f*****g disgrace and glaringly obvious why he’s doing it.

even if Khan's is being dishonest about his real motives
My guess is that the haste is at least in part due to the Mayoral election cycle. He's gambling that if the ULEZ is expanded this year, people will have forgotten about it when they next get to put their cross on the ballot paper, while if it's delayed it will become an election policy issue.

My guess is that the haste is at least in part due to the Mayoral election cycle. He's gambling that if the ULEZ is expanded this year, people will have forgotten about it when they next get to put their cross on the ballot paper, while if it's delayed it will become an election policy issue.

Possibly. Or, perhaps it's the other way around: Khan believes that his green agenda is a vote winner, and he intends to present ULEZ as one of his main achievements, which is why he needs it up-and-running before the next mayoral elections?

Or, perhaps it's the other way around: Khan believes that his green agenda is a vote winner, and he intends to present ULEZ as one of his main achievements, which is why he needs it up-and-running before the next mayoral elections?
Hahahahahahahaha ;)

The Outer London councils seem to be pulling together to obstruct Khan’s expansion . I’m starting to feel it may get properly delayed or stopped . :)
They are now refusing to erect advance notice signs on the entry points to the ULEZ zones

The Outer London councils seem to be pulling together to obstruct Khan’s expansion . I’m starting to feel it may get properly delayed or stopped . :)
They are now refusing to erect advance notice signs on the entry points to the ULEZ zones
Excellent.

Where have you seen this news?

Last edited:
Top story of the Mail online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom