• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

What advantage does whining on here about the expansion have? It’s happening in the next 4 hours. Realistically it’s done now.

Take the scrappage money and get a ULEZ petrol. Job done.
Any idea for me that you had a rational thought about ULEZ just jumped out the window.
Keyboard drivel.

Any idea for me that you had a rational thought about ULEZ just jumped out the window.
Keyboard drivel.
What did I say wrong?

If you have an old diesel car and can get £2k scrappage isn’t that good? You can then replace it with a compliant petrol. That’s what I’d do. Don’t you get the £2k even if the car is worth less? Seems a win win is so.

Please educate me about why the above is bad?

Ah yeah... whataboutism.

Start campaigning for a fast food tax then…

The difference being you can choose to eat fast food or avoid it, you can’t choose to avoid breathing when walking down the street.
No whataboutery at all, just a plain simple fact backed up professionally that eating certain foods is unhealthy, the same reason (unhealthy) that Khan is using for his tax.
If eating from takeaways killed more Londoners than traffic fumes would he tax them as per his mantra re ULEZ ?

The difference being you can choose to drive a non compliant car or choose buy a Euro 6 one……oh hang on a minute, not everyone can!

The expansion to the whole of Greater London/the M25 (which is what most people are complaining about) was only announced Nov 25th 2022, during a huge cost of living crisis when people were struggling to heat their homes. That's only 9 months - you think that's 'plenty of time'?

But at the same time, with all the protests and the negative publicity, you have to wonder how many people took no action because they believed - or hoped - that it won't actually happen?

Two grand scrapage....but only if you are on one of the following...which lots (most?) won't be.

• Universal Credit
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • War Pensions Mobility Supplement
  • Working Tax Credit

The difference being you can choose to eat fast food or avoid it, you can’t choose to avoid breathing when walking down the street.
I didn’t know that you were such an advocate for clean air.

But at the same time, with all the protests and the negative publicity, you have to wonder how many people took no action because they believed - or hoped - that it won't actually happen?
It was always going to happen. Anybody who thought otherwise was simply kidding themselves.

Two grand scrapage....but only if you are on one of the following...which lots (most?) won't be.

• Universal Credit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
And these people according to Kahn, don’t own cars.

Perhaps our regular diet is far more dangerous than driving ICE cars around. Maybe Citizen Khan will change tack and put a tax on takeaways etc?

Your dietary choices affect only your own health, no one else is affected or forced to consume the leftovers.

Your dietary choices affect only your own health, no one else is affected or forced to consume the leftovers.
It may affect one’s health but the knock on effects are huge.

It’s the same as the bloke driving the dirty diesel. It doesn’t affect him, only the proles on the pavement.

Last edited:
No whataboutery at all, just a plain simple fact backed up professionally that eating certain foods is unhealthy, the same reason (unhealthy) that Khan is using for his tax.
If eating from takeaways killed more Londoners than traffic fumes would he tax them as per his mantra re ULEZ ?

The difference being you can choose to drive a non compliant car or choose buy a Euro 6 one……oh hang on a minute, not everyone can!

Oooh do I see an alcohol ban looming? This will certainly prevent thousands of deaths annually. Of course, until we ban alcohol, there's no point in having ULEZ... that's settled then - I'm off to the pub.

Oooh do I see an alcohol ban looming? This will certainly prevent thousands of deaths annually. Of course, until we ban alcohol, there's no point in having ULEZ... that's settled then - I'm off to the pub.
Or a knife ban even?

No conspiracy, they have already posted their future plans for using the tech for road user charging

TFL linky

What clk320x meant (if I understand correctly) is that suggesting that ULEZ is just a money grabbing scheme thinly veiled as an 'air quality improvement project' (evil Khan and his henchmen are giggling at the mention of this), is, in fact, a conspiracy theory.

Pay-by-mile isn't a conspiracy theory - it's been on the cards for a number of years now.

Kinda irrelevant really, no? Also, I hardly think the protestors represent the majority of people affected by ULEZ.

• Universal Credit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
No, it’s open to all with a non compliant vehicles with a valid MOT as of a couple of weeks ago. Doesn’t help the presumably thousands of people who weren’t eligible 3 weeks ago and lost out. Shambles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom