• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

I can tell you that at least in London some people will take the longer and more expensive option and drive their cars into the city centre because 'public transport is for plebs'. I kid you not.

I've worked in London with a few who took that view.

That said my observation is that in general that the spread across social categories using public transport in London is greater than other UK cities / areas.

I went to look at some furniture today and I asked if they would deliver. When I said where I lived they said...no because of the ULEZ and they only have an old van which isnt compliant! Thought why not just add the cost to the delivery charge 🤔

I went to look at some furniture today and I asked if they would deliver. When I said where I lived they said...no because of the ULEZ and they only have an old van which isnt compliant! Thought why not just add the cost to the delivery charge 🤔
Yeah that’s true, especially if then can group deliveries in the zone… 3 deliveries and £4 on top per customer… who’s going to fuss over that?

Plenty of triggers for Asthma that have nothing to do with cars.
Whataboutism strikes again…. But pollution is one trigger, so why not reduce it. 🤦‍♂️

Vaccination for that commenced December 2020. Approaching 3 years ago.

You’re opening up a whole other can of worms now… better save that for the COVID thread.

Your dietary choices affect only your own health, no one else is affected or forced to consume the leftovers.
That isn't entirely true when rainforests are cleared for cattle grazing for the meat industry, people with unavoidable illness cannot receive medical treatment because of the burden on health care by the obese and diabetic (due to their dietary choices) or we are deprived a source of energy because feeding livestock is prioritised over bio-fuel production.

Ooh!! Do we have a Covid thread??
We did for a while, but it seems that similarly to this thread it was of little use so was closed down.

There were some people on their suggesting vaccines were poison and are about control… a bit like the conspiracy theorists saying the same about a low pollution zone. 😂

Whataboutism strikes again…. But pollution is one trigger, so why not reduce it. 🤦‍♂️

The risk from other triggers may be rather more significant - but the obsession with over-publicised risks masks them.

What you're doing is actually using an accusation of 'whataboutism' to cancel a counter argument.

Reactions: JHS
That isn't entirely true when rainforests are cleared for cattle grazing for the meat industry, people with unavoidable illness cannot receive medical treatment because of the burden on health care by the obese and diabetic (due to their dietary choices) or we are deprived a source of energy because feeding livestock is prioritised over bio-fuel production.
ahhh so reducing the number of people in hospital is a good thing… hence reducing pollution is a good thing as that achieves this too…

The risk from other triggers may be rather more significant - but the obsession with over-publicised risks masks them.

What you're doing is actually using an accusation of 'whataboutism' to cancel a counter argument.
Your argument is that because there’s other things that cause Asthma triggers, low pollution zones shouldn’t exist? 😂

What about the actual incidence of Asthma in the first place?

And forgetting about Asthma, the other long list of diseases linked to NoX and PM2.5…..

The only downside to ULEZ is some people have to get a less flash car, because they can’t afford an equally flash car that’s compliant - or to pay the £12.50 penalty for driving a highly polluting vehicle….

The upside is that it improves the air that every living being living or travelling in the area has to inhales….

Sounds a bit like all those French and German businesses that won't ship to the UK "because of Brexit'.............. yeah, right, the UK raised the draw bridge and they can't cross the big moat... sure.

@clk320x Bet it wont.....the pollution is simply not that high in the first place.
Any reduction is a good thing… if you’re physically removing sources of NoX and PM2.5 from the zone how would that not lead to a benefit? However small you may think that may be…

So the vaccine caused the higher mortality?
It’s not surprise that the anti-vax brigade are also against the ULEZ…

‘It’s all about control’ 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom