• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

Plenty of triggers for Asthma that have nothing to do with cars.

Also plenty of violent deaths have nothing to do with knife crime.

ahhh so reducing the number of people in hospital is a good thing… hence reducing pollution is a good thing as that achieves this too…
Ahhh, so eschewing meat eating fits your agenda of improving public health. Will you be giving up meat - or is your resistance to dietary change of the same magnitude as those lambasted for being unwilling to change their choice of car/van?

Reactions: JHS
Im not anti vax....I am anti ULEZ....Its a solution to a problem that was naturally sorting itself anyway. Only 51% of Londoners are in favour of the expansion....

Ahhh, so eschewing meat eating fits your agenda of improving public health. Will you be giving up meat - or is your resistance to dietary change of the same magnitude as those lambasted for being unwilling to change their choice of car/van?
If it will make such a difference to reduce meat consumption then go ahead and introduce an additional levy on meat to reduce consumption…. I won’t complain.

Whataboutism strikes again.

Im not anti vax....I am anti ULEZ....It’s a solution to a problem that was naturally sorting itself anyway. Only 51% of Londoners are in favour of the expansion....
Except policies like this are introduced with advice and consultation of leading scientists and professors, what % of Londoners who voted actually care or fully understand what the scheme achieves vs the fact they have to pay £12.50, or that their mates told them it’s horrible?

Any reduction is a good thing… if you’re physically removing sources of NoX and PM2.5 from the zone how would that not lead to a benefit? However small you may think that may be…

This statement is the perfect example of why there can be no agreement on this issue.

When I worked in West Africa back in the nineties, there was a chap in our group who insisted that he'd be fine if he had unprotected sex with local women. The rest of us kept very much to ourselves, given that 30% of the adult population in West Africa at the time were HIV positive (no idea what's the situation there today). When challenged about the wisdom of his intentions, he replied that we do not understand anything about risk and life, because you can get hit by a bus and die tomorrow. It was shocking seeing an educated person who has no grasp of statistics and probabilities (the risks do not overlap.... they add-up). He's still with us today, healthy (as far as I know), no idea if he meant it as an academic discussion at the time or was he serious 🤔

If it will make such a difference to reduce meat consumption then go ahead and introduce an additional levy on meat to reduce consumption…. I won’t complain.
Anyone with eyes knows this government won't impose levies against the food and drink industry. Lobbying and who knows what else has that tied up.
Whataboutism strikes again.
Call it that or call it seeing the bigger picture where everything is addressed instead of an individual making one single change (usually out of self interest not altruism) then preaching to others how they must make the same change while avoiding any further changes that don't suit the individual's lifestyle/agenda.

Im not anti vax....I am anti ULEZ....Its a solution to a problem that was naturally sorting itself anyway. Only 51% of Londoners are in favour of the expansion....

And what was the percentage in favour of Brexit, remind me? ;)

Call it that or call it seeing the bigger picture where everything is addressed instead of an individual making one single change (usually out of self interest not altruism) then preaching to others how they must make the same change while avoiding any further changes that don't suit the individual's lifestyle/agenda.
Who’s preaching?

No one has to change their car… if you want to continue driving an old diesel go ahead… pay the charge and crack on - but don’t complain and argue that the policy should change to facilitate your choice… the country can’t stand still because some people are saying they can’t afford change? Baring in mind there’s scrappage schemes in place to support everyone, so there’s no reason to not afford the switch….

I saw an article today about people vandalising ULEZ cameras with red paint… oh dear oh dear… as if that’s going to stop the expansion.

Last edited:
When I worked in West Africa back in the nineties, there was a chap in our group who insisted that he'd be fine if he had unprotected sex with local women. The rest of us kept very much to ourselves, given that 30% of the adult population in West Africa at the time were HIV positive (no idea what's the situation there today). When challenged about the wisdom of his intentions, he replied that we do not understand anything about risk and life, because you can get hit by a bus and die tomorrow. It was shocking seeing an educated person who has no grasp of statistics and probabilities (the risks do not overlap.... they add-up). He's still with us today, healthy (as far as I know), no idea if he meant it as an academic discussion at the time or was he serious 🤔
What a ****. We were bagging up (😏) in Spain and Greece in the mid 80’s. In West Africa in the 90’s I wouldn’t have gone near without arming up.

That’s democracy for you.

Anyone with eyes knows this government won't impose levies against the food and drink industry. Lobbying and who knows what else has that tied up.

Well we have Soft Drinks Levy in the UK. It's only about 5 years old.

So the vaccine caused the higher mortality?
Probably climate change. :p

It is not covid as there are tests for that.

Maybe Imperial College London can come up with an answer seeing as their modelling expertise was used to produce Covid data (Prof pants down) and also the premature death data (life expectancy) which Khan has used to justify the expanded ULEZ scheme .

Last edited:
Well we have Soft Drinks Levy in the UK. It's only about 5 years old.
There was supposed to be much more - eg, restrictions on advertising junk food - that were kicked into the long grass.

There was supposed to be much more - eg, restrictions on advertising junk food - that were kicked into the long grass.

Part of the problem is definition. Junk food is what exactly? And what makes it 'junk'. And is it actually a problem.

Presumably soft drinks were the simplest target - by definition.

Yes... they are called PCR and Rapid Flow tests. That's how we know....
Yes that is how we know the high excess deaths we have today is nothing to do with covid. The mortality demographic is also different to Covid.

Probably climate change eh? Or old diesel cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom