• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sudden loss of Mercedes.Me functionality

The Integrated automotive product is designed and made in the UK. Its by far and away the best of breed product. If you find another Apple CarPlay / Android Auto system for circa £300 or less ask yourself what the quality of the components is going to be after the VAT is removed, the profit for the seller and the profit for the manufacturer.
Couldn’t agree more. The Integrated Automotive Unit fitted to my A205 two years ago has worked flawlessly ever since providing fully working Apple Car Play as Mercedes never provided the functionality in many 2017 MY car.

That’s annoying as they allowed us to subscribe in September, knowing that we (the UK) would be losing 3G coverage during the subscription period. I’m expecting Vodaphone to pull the plug before the end of January.

Q. If the 4G/LTE module is fitted outside of the MB dealer network, does that count as an ‘official’ device in terms of future MB Live Traffic subscriptions?

Q. Would it be a better/more effective solution to have a CarPlay module added to our COMAND system instead of converting it to 4G?
Sorry missed that. Yes Mercedes seem to have been slow. I believe Alfie is still being offered renewal on a module I know doesn't support anything but 3G. When we fit them we get all the databases in Mercedes updated and those who couldn't renew can again.
CarPlay at least gives you the ability to use Waze and live traffic, but the Mercedes Me 4G module on many cars gives you extra services (remote locking, vehicle status etc etc)
I hope that helps
Richard

Sorry missed that. Yes Mercedes seem to have been slow. I believe Alfie is still being offered renewal on a module I know doesn't support anything but 3G. When we fit them we get all the databases in Mercedes updated and those who couldn't renew can again.
CarPlay at least gives you the ability to use Waze and live traffic, but the Mercedes Me 4G module on many cars gives you extra services (remote locking, vehicle status etc etc)
I hope that helps
Richard
Thanks Richard, it does help.

Right now (as mentioned above) we’re still getting live traffic, so for the time being will continue as is. If and when that changes, we’ll decide what to do next. As you say a CarPlay module would give us the option to use Waze, Google Maps etc.

The Integrated automotive product is designed and made in the UK. Its by far and away the best of breed product. If you find another Apple CarPlay / Android Auto system for circa £300 or less ask yourself what the quality of the components is going to be after the VAT is removed, the profit for the seller and the profit for the manufacturer.
Yes I'm aware of the IAP product but I was on about the lower cost modules which majority have installed by various installation companies here in UK..

We've done a few cars now, changing 360 (UMTS/3G) to 362 (LTE/4G) - info here

- has to be done at the workshop., and we have to order the right parts against the VIN etc in advance

For cars with code 350, we are waiting until we have cars that don't function before we do those as its loads of wiring changes etc and at the moment you can still extend your live traffic subscription on those so maybe that module falls back to 2G !

Cheers
Richard
Yikes I have the 350 option code on my early w205!

Yikes I have the 350 option code on my early w205!
So do I and the services still work and can be renewed. However, I expect this to stop imminently. Curiously though I have the remote locking feature even though its 3G!

So do I and the services still work and can be renewed. However, I expect this to stop imminently. Curiously though I have the remote locking feature even though its 3G!
Same here I have the remote locking feature too and my tms expires in Sept 2026 so really hoping it falls back on to 2G!

Is anyone with the older 3G module still able to use the remote pre-conditioning feature?
My remote unlocking subscription expired late last year and they won't let me renew - I understand this because of the whole Vodafone 3G issue.
But the pre-conditioning subscription is valid until December 2025, and this continued to work until very recently.
But now it has stopped working, and the add-on has just disappeared from my account. When I try to set the departure time is immediately says failed.
Surely they can't just remove a 3 year subscription after just 1 year without any refund or even a notification.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Been working flawlessly for the past two months until today. All of a sudden, it says car is on the move and sunroof is open whilst this is not the case.

We've not had any issues with our 4G car since January (Mrs BTB has been out in it today and all looks fine). Nothing has changed on the car and we're living in the same area and driving on the same roads, so it looks very much like it was something at the MB end.

Another update re: Live Traffic.

Vodafone have now switched off their entire UK 3G network, yet Live Traffic is still working absolutely fine all around the country on Angie's 2015 R172 so my guess is that the comm's module in that car falls back to 2G for the Live Traffic service. The current subscription runs until mid-June this year, so it'll be interesting to see if that can be renewed when it expires.

Vodafone have now switched off their entire UK 3G network, yet Live Traffic is still working absolutely fine all around the country on Angie's 2015 R172 so my guess is that the comm's module in that car falls back to 2G for the Live Traffic service. The current subscription runs until mid-June this year, so it'll be interesting to see if that can be renewed when it expires.
Went out for a drive today but it hasn't reverted back to 2G for now. Let's see how long it takes on mine. Will report back. App is still stuck on data from a few weeks ago.

Is there any recent developments?
Can we still replace the Hermes 360 module with a new one 4G capable?
I have read in a German forum that since March, even if we replace the module, MB has blocked the renewal of the digital extras, including remote control for example.

I have written a complaint to MB UK. Fed up with the way, they treat their customers.

Ours is still receiving Live Traffic information via the 3G comms module.

The current subscription runs until mid-June this year, so it'll be interesting to see if that can be renewed when it expires.
So the subscription expired and I've had an email from Mercedes inviting me to renew it. I haven't done that yet as we aren't using the SLK much at the moment so it falls into the "non-urgent" category of things to spend our money on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As an aside I just renewed the Mercedes Me stuff for our C300, and the annual cost (for exactly the same services) had dropped from £195 last time to £163 now.

I have a TomTom satnav that was sold with 'lifetime' free map and speed camera updates. I keep getting emails from them saying I should upgrade to a new model on 'safety' grounds - funnily enough those all require subscriptions for these services. No thanks.

It looks like the situation is now that you can still get the live-traffic and map update services, and if you do you get remote status (but not ability to unlock/lock which was remote services). If you have a W213 that did map update over the air so map update service goes from not working to working. The live traffic and status stuff is a bit slow/ropey over GPRS/Edge so having a 4G module makes that very responsive.

R

Interesting thread, not sure if the issue I'm having is related. It's more of a quality of life issue rather than anything too bad.

This is the first car I've had with built in satnav, been using my iPhone for ages with maps on my Mac.
So I thought this Mercedes Me feature of 'sharing' a destination from the App to the car would be a godsend to get around the clunky UI in the car.

But…
The App says it has sent the destination to the car, but when I open Nav there is nothing there.
Does it send it to some weird sub menu, if it does I can't find it.

Any clues?

S205 C200 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom