• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sunroof motor removal W124 200TE

Bobtherebuilder

Car
W114 280CE W124 200TE
Hi all,anyone got any idea how I can move or remove the sunroof motor so I can fit the seat belt reel in my 200TE (rear facing seats)

Undo the motor mounts (3 off) and manoevre the motor forward. Unravel the belt from the reel & knot it to stop it rolling up again. Pass the reel behind the motor so the barrel of the motor fits in the (now empty) reel. Some swearing may be needed

Be careful as, if you use too much force, you'll put a dent in the rear quarter panel skin

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Undo the motor mounts (3 off) and manoevre the motor forward.

Thanks Bolide,
I can only see 2 bolts holding motor bracket to inside wheel arch cavity,
also 3 raised round(not rounded) bits ,are these the mounts?
I also noted if the rear light (lhs)is removed the tube from the back of the motor is visible at the top corner.Is there a way to get some slack on the motor so it can be moved rearward?

I can only see 2 bolts holding motor bracket to inside wheel arch cavity,
also 3 raised round(not rounded) bits ,are these the mounts?
I also noted if the rear light (lhs)is removed the tube from the back of the motor is visible at the top corner.Is there a way to get some slack on the motor so it can be moved rearward?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm doing one myself

The motor won't move far as the drive tube is attached to it

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

There are two retaining bolts. Undo them, lift the motor up as far as it will go and bend the lower mounting leg up. Then push the motor down as far as it will go and slip the upper leg through the hole in the panel in front. Lift the motor again and slip the lower leg through. The motor will now be far away enough from the wing to let you slide the belt reel in

Before you fit the top mount in the headlining make sure you pass the belt through the quarter panel trim. Before you replace the quarter panel trim fit the lower mount and make sure the belt isn't twisted

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom