Supercharger whine - how do i get it???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The c32amg guys use a special y pipe that has a small square filter on the back of it and makes a massive whine noise....

Yeah I know - that's why stated that in post 2 after I realised.

Post above should say 'Dodge' rather than dodgy!

Ah yes . . . . of course ;)

But your right, Dodge do make the best supercharger whine ever.

The c32amg guys use a special y pipe that has a small square filter on the back of it and makes a massive whine noise....

Wonder if there anything similiar for the 55k engine.

Ideally need to find a good intake system, but need to get the filters and piping just right i think. Not as easy as it sounds.

Actually, it was the sound of the whiner in the Dodge that helped me decide on the E55K.

I love the sound but I can forgive a quiet whiner if the V8 sound is loud enough!

The fabtech induction kit increased the noise on mine. This has the y pipe fitted to it.

Fabtech induction w211 eurocharged e55 - YouTube

Very nice sound that one . . . . . however, looking at all the videos of these 55k's on dyno's i cant help but feel that the dyno rollers are themselves contributing to most of the whining noise. :doh:

But the main question is, what does it sound like inside the car?

Very nice sound that one . . . . . however, looking at all the videos of these 55k's on dyno's i cant help but feel that the dyno rollers are themselves contributing to most of the whining noise. :doh:

But the main question is, what does it sound like inside the car?

Yes the bonnet up, dyno and small enclosure all help that sound.

There is definitely more noise with it fitted.
Unfortunately I can not take a video inside my cabin as my engine is poorly.
I believe another member with an sl55 has just purchased one and maybe able to help

No matter, im not in too big a rush, but have liked to get something going on with the good weather here and the car can still be driven reasonably . . . . . over revved!

Im going to the MSL Dyno Day on the 18th of this month so im hoping one of you might be there? Or atleast theres someone else there that has a similar set-up so i can hear it for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom