• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

swapping suspension springs

wendallking

Car
w124 coupe
Hi

I have a w124 1993 sportline coupe, the ride height is too low for where I live, can I just swap the springs for standard w124 ones, or do the shocks etc have to be changed as well.

Thanks

Thanks, my problem is I live up a rough road in Spain, and the exhaust hits the floor also when I go over speeds bumps regardless of speed.

I'll look into the rubbers, will they stiffen the ride?

Carl

No, and from what you are saying swapping out the spring pads is the way to go unless you have a car with Self Leveling Suspension and the SLS isn't working properly, in which case that needs to be fixed first.

The Sportline shockers have a shorter travel to match the springs so in theory you should change both. Usually folks are doing it the other way- putting in shorter springs but leaving the shocks as standard travel- this has been known to lead to premature failure- don't really know about going the other way? You could fit heavy duty shocks [ standard travel] and standard springs. This would keep things firm with an increased ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom