The best upholstery and carpet cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Which product is best for cleaning upholstery and carpets with a wet/dry vacuum cleaner.

I used to use a product called S101 that contained optical brighteners. S101 worked well but I'm not sure if it is still available and it's possible that there are better products on the market.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Soory Paul not a scoob on which is the best cleaner. I just use what is to hand and find them much of a muchness. Break cleaner:eek: is good on "resistant" marks.

Which wet/dry vac do you use please.

Do it by hand with an upholstery sponge (course). I use autglym interior cleaner and you can autoglym tar remover on tough stains. I have a light beige interior and this shifts everything.

Once clean protect with 303 fabric guard they will then just wipe clean.

Soory Paul not a scoob on which is the best cleaner. I just use what is to hand and find them much of a muchness. Break cleaner:eek: is good on "resistant" marks.

Thanks TJ.

I have a "George" cleaner which is very good. I'm going to clean the beige Golf interior for young Ringway (Les) and I'm sure the fabric will clean up very well.

I did find some Turtle Wax foaming interior cleaner which worked very well on another project but It would be costly to buy several aerosol's.

I'm looking to find a 5ltr container of a professional quality product that I can use on all our vehicles.

Paul. I was having a root around the deepest corners of my garage yesterday. Came across a can of Supagard Professional Automotive Fabric Protection. Brand new not used and seeing as I'm all "leather" I wonder if you could use it. Tell you what - How about I drop it down on Wednesday evening to the The Dog. Infact lets have a GTG nosh up there. Ill post it up, short notice I know but we may get two or three there.

Paul. I was having a root around the deepest corners of my garage yesterday. Came across a can of Supagard Professional Automotive Fabric Protection. Brand new not used and seeing as I'm all "leather" I wonder if you could use it. Tell you what - How about I drop it down on Wednesday evening to the The Dog. Infact lets have a GTG nosh up there. Ill post it up, short notice I know but we may get two or three there.

Sounds good to me TJ.

Many thanks. :thumb:

soory paul not a scoob on which is the best cleaner. I just use what is to hand and find them much of a muchness. Break cleaner:eek: Is good on "resistant" marks.

+ 1

Following a deeply unpleasant car + dog experience and a "distress" cleaning episode that required carpets out and use of hose, discovered that Vanish carpet and upholstery cleaner spray works very well indeed for removing stubborn residual stains. Oh yes.

I'm a big fan of using steam on the interior. Not only does it make cleaning the interior a little easier, the hot steam can't be good for any bacteria/germs.

comedy third option of "nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

Interior cleaner

HI,Can someone recomend a good wet/dry vacum for cleaning seats and carpet.Iam presuming that the type of vacum squirts fluid end then sucks fluid and dirt up.Is this the same with steam cleaning.I do have a small steam cleaner but it just pushes out steam no collection system.Going to the How to section to see if there is any other info.Thanks in antisipation:thumb:.

Euge

My mrs cleaned all our carpets with barke cleaner, she thought I was crazy to suggest it but then she couldn't belive the results and how easy it was compared to anything else.

Since I bought a job lot of 25l of the stuff off ebay a while ago, its been finding lots of uses.

HI,Can someone recomend a good wet/dry vacum for cleaning seats and carpet.Iam presuming that the type of vacum squirts fluid end then sucks fluid and dirt up.Is this the same with steam cleaning.I do have a small steam cleaner but it just pushes out steam no collection system.Going to the How to section to see if there is any other info.Thanks in antisipation:thumb:.

Euge

Depends on what type of steam cleaner you have, but what I'd advise is a micro fibre cloth at the end of the steamer - the cloth will pick up the dirt.

Hi i find autoglym interior shampoo very good no need for wet and dry just spray on wait a few mins then dab off with damp cloth ps its got oil and allsorts of my cars hope this helps
Regards Mike

Steam is the way to go.

If you want to use a cleaner you'd be hard pressed to do better than Meguiars APC. It's brilliant. You can use it for all sorts of stuff - very safe on alloy wheels for example.

I do a lot of detailing and it's one of the products i use the most.

Cleaning Carpets

My mrs cleaned all our carpets with barke cleaner, she thought I was crazy to suggest it but then she couldn't belive the results and how easy it was compared to anything else.

Since I bought a job lot of 25l of the stuff off ebay a while ago, its been finding lots of uses.

Couldn't agree more on this stuff. We inherited a pile of these commercial carpet tiles for an outbuilding and they're hard and wiry - not easy to clean at all. Did the job a treat.

Incidentally, we had a lot of chewing-gum got in these carpets from the kids' shoes and WD-40 melted that stuff off a treat.

Euge

Have a look at Numatics great quality but not cheap

Have a look at Numatics great quality but not cheap

I agree. I have had a "George" for a few years now and can't fault it. LINK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom