The S Class - Dad Tank II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking good:)
Agree about the Super Resin polish, but sorry to hear you think rubber mats are permissible in an S.:eek:
A couple of dead black sheep would be much more in keeping in the footwell;):D

Maybe too nice Alex.

The value for money is unreal. If you think about it, the only thing better than this is W222.

Well done car looks great,a couple of things,if you lift the bonnet you can by looking at the hinge press the little clip and the bonnet will go vertical,also there are two drain holes at either end of where the windscreen wipers are they tend to block up,the drains exit near the bottom of the front wheels plastic inner wheel arch,I found mine had a mixture of decomposed leafs that had become like a paste,horrible ,when you are driving it you might notice when at around 50 mph the front end lowers slightly to give better aerodynamics,another little touch that nice.

Lovely car Alex and even lovelier after some TLC! Always liked the W221

Thanks for the compliments, I didn't know about the suspension dropping that's pretty cool.

Looking good:)
Agree about the Super Resin polish, but sorry to hear you think rubber mats are permissible in an S.:eek:
A couple of dead black sheep would be much more in keeping in the footwell;):D

Haha sheepskin would be more apt. These are super hard wearing though so protect the footwells even better ;)

Looks like a million dollars.

Great car, and good to see that you're worked on those extra touches.

Before asking the garage about ABS and ESP, why not launch a thread on here to see if anyone has insight? There's a lot of expertise about.

The other thought, beyond ABS/ESP, is to plug in the diagnostic, either yourself, someone else, or your Indy, to see what little error messages might have been around over the last few months.

Thanks Mike, I popped out and did a bit of code reading with the old iCarsoft. I'll pop another thread up.

That really is a stunning looking car. Congratulations on the purchase.

Before I purchased my current car I was looking at the S class. I think I would like to own one, one day.

Looks so comfortable to be sat in.

It's definitely comfortable. Other than the 25 mile drive home, I've not really given it a good test. Although the difference going from this S to my old E is huge. I always thought the E felt exceptionally well put together but the S is definitely a step up. Admittedly, it is much newer and was a more expensive car when new but feels that bit more special.

The ride quality in my W220 S Class is way better than in my W211 E Class. Mind you, the E is an Avantgarde which has firmer suspension than the Elegance.

Mind you, I think the ride in my previous Lexus LS430 was even better than in the W220. Real magic carpet stuff.

I think what has impressed me most is the seats. They just feel soft and comfortable and even going between my E which I've always thought was comfy to sit in the S is such a jump!

Good to see my hard work on protecting the paintwork paid off with some decent beading. :)

hQyaPRx.jpg

ni5YP7w.jpg

I think what has impressed me most is the seats. They just feel soft and comfortable and even going between my E which I've always thought was comfy to sit in the S is such a jump!

Good to see my hard work on protecting the paintwork paid off with some decent beading. :)

hQyaPRx.jpg

ni5YP7w.jpg
That's so damned Alien.

Very nice car, good find!

Well the S has been in with the garage this week due to the ESP/ABS error which it transpires was due to a wheel speed sensor. The garage have e-mailed me daily to keep me updated so really can't fault them. So hopefully I'll have the car back with me tomorrow, happy days.

Couple of little additions to go on when it's back with me. Need to assign my plate, new number plate frame ready to fit.

fOe6GPm.jpg

Also picked up a foot rest, same as I had in my E-Class.

BZxxJp2.jpg

Are you needing a new plate or plate frames? Haha

Where did you find the Foot rest. Link would be great. :)

Many thanks.

Please post photos when you get your car back :)

Lovely car, an s class is on my list. Unfortunately there is no estate so it may be a few years for me yet.

Well I got the car back last night and now I've had a bit more time with the car I can be a bit more subjective with it. It's a big car, it feels bit and country lanes are not where it's best placed. It actually handles really well but on narrow roads it feels as big as it is.

On the flip side it is comfortable. Not just a little bit comfortable like my E or my CLS but a really big difference. The seats are big, comfortable and so adjustable you can get it just right. Once you know where everything is, it's all really well placed and for cruising along it's excellent. I'm already looking forward to my next long journey.

So the car is back with me, this was it last night before parking up properly. It had been on a couple of test drives with the mechanic so was filthy (by my standards).

UFJ3suP.jpg

Now it seems that storm Denis was going to give me a break as this morning the weather although dull was dry. So I got out there and gave the interior a little once over and then the outside. Thought I'd top up the sealant with some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I'm quite taken with this stuff, first application you almost use like a drying aid so spray on a rinsed car and then dry as normal.

VBrEjpN.jpg

I then removed the number plates in prep for my private plate. Bit of tar remover to get rid of the old sticky tabs and then polished/protected.

hKaWhQj.jpg

Previous plates were stuck on so had to get some new screws. Sad that I'm slightly satisfied with how shiny they are haha.

6Jorwfi.jpg

Really pleased with these number plate holders, look a bit different but fairly subtle.

RqVy0xY.jpg

isyRjVd.jpg

svhxYAx.jpg

YG4lr4k.jpg

tzy3MkU.jpg

V151Qxa.jpg

Couple of last little bits done today. Fitted the foot rest, may even look to replace the pedal rubbers at some point. No idea how easy they are to change.

7rMeSvc.jpg

Now this is a bit of an odd one but there's no cup holder in the S Class for a £60k+ car the least they could have done was make it standard but apparently a paid for option. I could add one but it looks like a faff so this will do for £6! Not sophisticated but as I have two mobiles it's a good spot for one and a decent place for a Redbull haha

XL8nuIy.jpg

Lovely car, an s class is on my list. Unfortunately there is no estate so it may be a few years for me yet.

To be fair the boot isn't as big as I expected, I guess as the car is for passenger room more than sheer boot space. I mean it's sizeable and more than enough for me but yeah not estate capacity. :)

What does the OCD stand for? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom