• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The saddest sentence ever!

I found myself staring through the safety fence of a construction site (new petrol station) just looking at all the tanks, pipes and stuff.

Just like you see bored, retired old men doing outside construction sites all the time . I am not yet retired and have lot's of stuff to do , so little boredom there AND I was on my way to the pub.

There is still hope for me...
Ah, but that doesn’t count because that’s a common interest. You like that kinda stuff.

I’m just the same when out and about. Always intrigued in looking at the things many people would consider boring. Like a well fitted internal/external door with perfectly even gaps all round.

Or a light switch/socket with the slotted screw heads matching horizontal/vertical.

🤪

Last edited:
Ah, but that doesn’t count because that’s a common interest. You like that kinda stuff.

I’m just the same when out and about. Always intrigued in looking at the things many people would consider boring. Like a well fitted internal/external door with perfectly even gaps all round.

Or a light switch/socket with the slotted screw head matching horizontal/vertical.

🤪
There is no hope! 🤣🤣

The screw heads not being aligned in switches and sockets irritates me so much I've had to change everything to screwless flatplates :rolleyes:
View attachment 134833
Awesome Mikey. We also have similar (although not from Screwfix).

But still admire seeing attention to detail. But of thought and effort makes all the difference. 🥳

The slo

Or a light switch/socket with the slotted screw heads matching horizontal/vertical.

🤪
The slotted screw thing is real . During my apprenticeship we were taught to align the screws slots on the saddles holding conduit to a wall , all horizontal , the same for covers on distribution panels and motor covers.

On a long conduit run it 'draws' the eye , All gone now with the widespread use of (superior IMHO) star or 'Philips' headed screws.

I fix stuff for a living and will ALWAYS try to fix (even the most affordable) appliances/kids toys/Mercedes Benz ....sometimes even after I have bought a replacement (not Mercedes Benz ) ! just to prove that I can :p

The slo

The slotted screw thing is real . During my apprenticeship we were taught to align the screws slots on the saddles holding conduit to a wall , all horizontal , the same for covers on distribution panels and motor covers.

On a long conduit run it 'draws' the eye , All gone now with the widespread use of (superior IMHO) star or 'Philips' headed screws.

I fix stuff for a living and will ALWAYS try to fix (even the most affordable) appliances/kids toys/Mercedes Benz ....sometimes even after I have bought a replacement (not Mercedes Benz ) ! just to prove that I can :p
My chippies always told me to leave the screwheads vertical.

All gone now with the widespread use of (superior IMHO) star or 'Philips' headed screws.
Yeah but I find I need to leave those all on the diagonal 🙃
I need help.

Chippies ! Oh , you mean wood Butchers , Vertical !!? Whatever next ? :banana:.

My mate who has his own garage and MOT business always puts the locking wheel nuts on his customers cars diametrically opposed to the tyre valve ......even when the car has not come in for any work that involves the wheels (time permitting) ! He is not OCD , I have been in his house and seen his toolboxes at work both are as organised as a 'mad woman's kitchen'

Must admit, when I'm topping my engine oil up, (which I've done a lot lately due to the dreaded Oil Cooler leak)
I have to put the engine oil cap back on, so the little oil can on the cap is facing the front, and not upside down. :rolleyes: :oops:o_O
Thanks. It's a comfort to know it's not just me. I do the same with the washer bottle cap if it's been moved around.

I’ve always bought my girlfriends American underwear…. One yank and it’s off

When you have been together 30 years the last thing you want is it falling off ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom