The V8 Bug - Is There A Cure?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some great replies, thanks guys.

I don't want a second car/weekend car - I need an estate at the mo and I'd like to be driving that V8 as my daily drive.

As suggested by Pete (and previously by Lee, in a recent conversation) I really ought to wait until the 5.5 t/t's are more reasonable.

The 6.2 n/a I've seen is fab, with a great spec, but too expensive - the dealer is supposed to be looking at it, but he's not rushing back to me.

My chipped car is great, but, in reality, being a diesel, it runs out of revs too quickly - I grew up on high revving superbikes.

As far as E320 Sports go, I'm not exactly had done by with my current car, so will wait until the right one comes along - the right spec is important to me.

Lease a new one. You deserve it. :devil:

Your capital should be tied up in brinks n mortar, not a depreciating lump of metal ;)

Why not find out? I read that the new ones have a whole loads of kit that was optional as standard now.

I think the only thing he will need is the Driver Assist package as it includes all the 'Assists' plus Distronic.

There is only one V8 engine to enjoy. The 55k. That V8 growl mated with that supercharger whine is, just, sooo intoxicating :) I love nudging the revs just over 1800, that chirp as the 'charger kicks in, followed by that whine and of course, the massive shove in the back!!

55k AMG rules :rock::rock:

Why not find out? I read that the new ones have a whole loads of kit that was optional as standard now.

I think the only thing he will need is the Driver Assist package as it includes all the 'Assists' plus Distronic.

There's around £30,000's worth of options you can specify on an E63 estate, and that's without even looking at designo colours/interiors and the carbon fibre trim options.

They've also split the various Assists into separate packages, so to get them all you need to order Driving Assistance Package, Lane-Tracking Package and Speed Limit and Traffic Sign Assist - £3380 in total.

Have you thought about simply having regular, great sex and not worrying about how high you can p!ss?

Have you thought about simply having regular, great sex and not worrying about how high you can p!ss?

Erm, No!

I enjoy both :) :)

Erm, No!

I enjoy both :) :)

I seem to have balanced one against the other. I find p!ssing downwards has the benefit of not splashing in your face.

BTW. Is your wife still giving you turns of them cycling inwards or outwards depending on arm position?

^ ?

I know a few years back I had a 330ci BM and my old boss had a E55k Estate, the BM was relatively quick? The E class is just something else...

Going out with him in the E class estate I just smiled all the time, the acceleration is crazy...it goes, goes and goes some more :) he had the 'g force' seats and I did feel a bit ill at the end of being thrown around though :)

Seriously quick car, he was getting 14mpg in the early months of having it as he was flooring it on every occasion :) lovely car in a dark blue colour.

I know a few years back I had a 330ci BM and my old boss had a E55k Estate, the BM was relatively quick? The E class is just something else...

I'm going to agree with you here, the 55k engine is in a league of it's own and very addictive.

55K is an intoxicating engine it still makes me smile it just keeps pulling and pulling, make no mistake though the 55TT is more than a match particularly as the revs increase.
As long as they prove to be robust they will be a great buy in another year or two.

The V8 Bug - Is There A Cure?

Yes a V12 :D

the only way to deal with temptation is to yield to it ..

there really is nothing like an AMG V8 .. I sold my CLK55 for a Boxster and within 21 months had bought a CLS55 :)

Buy another property and use the rent as the PCP monthly payment for an E63. Then in 3 years time post the following:

To Buy or not to Buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom