The Wife was Going to "Hoover" her Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Karl, I think you are forgetting that all these guys are awesomely perfect husbands in every possible way. :rolleyes:

(it’d be interesting to hear Some of their wife’s pet hates about them eh? :))
There's a forum called netmums for that sort of thing.

So the wife says yesterday she was going to "hoover" her car.

I ran out of time and only managed the driver side, will finish (start and take seat out) the passenger side on Monday weather permitting.

Going to the pub this afternoon. ;)

Your wife is an amateur ! You can still see the carpets.

Before I clean the Range Rover I often first need to contact Porton Down to see if they have a Bio Hazard team available to de-contaminate it.

I regularly find sandwich wrappers, chocolate wrappers, drinks containers, hay, carrots, mud, stuff i hope is mud etc etc all scattered liberally around the interior.:wallbash:

Elsewhere madam is immaculate with the exception after mucking out when even Worzel Gummidge may find it a less than attractive look.

This is absolutely not a women, young women, or any specific group thing. It think people either treat their car like a transit van/taxi, or they tend to look after it. There's not much middle ground.

Yes - my son-in-laws car is beyond horrendous, with piles of fast food wrappers, chocolate ground into the seats etc.

He does that thing of turning everything, including the headlights, on before starting it. And he defrosts it by wearing the ice away with the wipers. Even the way he opens the door makes my shudder - he flicks the door handle up and then lets it go.

Your wife is am amateur ! You can still see the carpets.

Before I clean the Range Rover I often first need to contact Porton Down to see if they have a Bio Hazard team available to de-contaminate it.

I regularly find sandwich wrappers, chocolate wrappers, drinks containers, Hay, carrots, mud, stuff i hope is mud etc etc all scattered liberally around the interior.:wallbash:

Elsewhere madam is immaculate with he exeception after mucking out when even Worzel Gummidge may find it a less than attractive look.

That got my attention. Tell us more! :D

That got my attention. Tell us more! :D

I have, for example been asked to locate "a funny smell" in the car.

It turned out to be carrots that had rotted and formed a fetid liquid under the boot floor cover. I have had the comment" the seats are making odd noises when I move them" caused by associated pens and other detritus getting trapped in the runners.................

My mother in law was the worst passenger I ever had,she needed to attend a number of appointments at local hospital and they were all early morning ones,and so I was told to get her there,it was a misty dank October and she had to sit in the front on account of her being over size,getting out of her drive way and along her narrow road is a complete work of art,and so I did not notice she was wiping her nearside door glass to remove some mist,and the end of the week I saw the results she had two diamond rings on her left hand that had cut grooves into the side window,it was so bad I had to source a second hand window,shes dead now ,no I did not kill her but did think about it,and she left the diamond rings to somebody else.

(it’d be interesting to hear Some of their wife’s pet hates about them eh? :))

Didn't you hear, putting lid on tea caddie at wrong angle. :)

In her defence I went to bed twice last week and left living room light on, had great idea of switching off with phone on Hive but forgot by time I got upstairs.

I never come home from pub when I say I will, beer head kicks in and I think what the hell I'll stay out longer.

Are you sure it’s not the 70’s Roger??? :D

This is my take on it. I love cleaning the car (Hers) and my van. I enjoy it, like many here do. So, when I think about all the things (there are many) she does day in day out, all year round, for me, our daughter and us as a family I’d say keeping the car clean is the least I can do, and as said, I do enjoy it so no big deal. :)

Quite sure Ant.:D

I really don't see the issue in expecting the female species to look after their own car. They have been shouting about equality for years. It's 2020 after all;)

Quite sure Ant.:D

I really don't see the issue in expecting the female species to look after their own car. They have been shouting about equality for years. It's 2020 after all;)
Al are equal but some are more equal than others ;)

This is not a woman thing or even a "some people don't respect their cars" thing - both our cars are a tip inside most of the time, and we both love cars - the outside we try to keep spotless and looking good as much as possible, use good clay/polish/wax regularly, spend money on fanciness, always serviced completely and properly etc. but the interior we just leave pretty much - until we're doing something or going somewhere that requires it. Last time was taking wife and friend to a charity ball in their nice dresses so I cleaned it out and vacuumed inside, even fed the leather! That was in October though.

Both my missus and my sisters car are nasty inside.

My missus couldn't track a strange smell down for weeks until I finally caved and headed out to the car armed with my interior detailing kit, a steam cleaner, vacuum and carpet washer.

It turned out to be two old baby bottles that had been crushed under seats and left to go off in amongst all the sweet wrappers, bottles, juice cartons, socks, coats, trainers, old sandwiches the kids have dropped, crisp packets, and there is always glitter where does it come from ?! My sisters is much the same but with added in dog hair and a thick layer of dust.

The piesta la resistance by far is my dads car! At some point in his life he decided to start flicking his ash in the footwell I mean why!

It killed me watching my W202 C240 turn to ruin after having an immaculate life with me quickly get covered in fag ash, hauling 100s of kilos of cement, sand and god knows what in the summers I decided I would never give my old cars to family members again I'd rather sell them and give them the money.

Most can't understand why I look after my cars the way I do but I can't understand why everyone else doesn't.

Both my missus and my sisters car are nasty inside.

My missus couldn't track a strange smell down for weeks until I finally caved and headed out to the car armed with my interior detailing kit, a steam cleaner, vacuum and carpet washer.

It turned out to be two old baby bottles that had been crushed under seats and left to go off in amongst all the sweet wrappers, bottles, juice cartons, socks, coats, trainers, old sandwiches the kids have dropped, crisp packets, and there is always glitter where does it come from ?! My sisters is much the same but with added in dog hair and a thick layer of dust.

The piesta la resistance by far is my dads car! At some point in his life he decided to start flicking his ash in the footwell I mean why!

It killed me watching my W202 C240 turn to ruin after having an immaculate life with me quickly get covered in fag ash, hauling 100s of kilos of cement, sand and god knows what in the summers I decided I would never give my old cars to family members again I'd rather sell them and give them the money.

Most can't understand why I look after my cars the way I do but I can't understand why everyone else doesn't.
Mangetout Rodney

... and there is always glitter where does it come from ?!
Ah, a fellow sufferer. Bloody glitter seems to spread even faster than coronavirus. And even Mr Dyson’s finest technology always struggles to remove it all from the corners of the boot. I suppose it’s the price I pay for having a wife in the beauty industry and a 4-year old daughter.

Other than the aforementioned glitter, my wife’s car is usually reasonably or immaculately clean. None of the detritus bemoaned by earlier posters here; even our daughter leaves no more than a few biscuit crumbs scattered on and around her car seat. So you see, it’s unfair to tar our lovely wives with the same mucky brush.

Of course, I suppose I should mention that my wife’s car is also my car - we have just the one between us. We share it completely: I pay for everything it needs (petrol, servicing, RFL, insurance, etc) and I’m the only one who cleans it, whilst my wife prevents it seizing up by driving it everywhere. She even lets me take it to Tesco every week for the shopping, so I can chose the ingredients for the meals I make every day.

We don’t get to share everything though. Apparently we have a utility room where I’m given to understand the washing fairy lives. Far be it from me to question how it is my clothes magically transport themselves from the washing basket to various drawers, shelves and hangers, whilst somehow washing and ironing themselves.

In response to Ant’s enquiry I’d write now of my wife’s niggles with me, but it would be unfair to demean Tolstoy’s writing efforts with lengthier offerings, so I’ll desist.

I suppose a response was de rigour...

20200208_145052-jpg.92231

How does your missus do that?

Drive a manual I mean,
mine won't

Used to it, has never driven any of my Mercs.
Sorry I'm wrong, I had a pint with dinner once and she drove one of the old ones home, said she wouldn't ever again as she would never hear the end of it if she dinged it.

Same here mine won't drive mine in case she gets it dirty and I outright refuse to drive hers because it a manual lol

"How will we go for a weekend away if you won't drive mine, the kids won't fit in your car?!"

"We have two cars and the kids fit in yours" :rolleyes::D

It's just the way women are, it's why we love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom