• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Thoughts on remaps for a high mileage E350 coupe

Stu-e350coupe

Car
E350 Coupe
Hi

Just wondered what people’s thoughts are on remapping higher mileage cars?

I currently have a 2012 E350 coupe with 113k. I do around 23k a year and due to a recent house move will be keeping it longer than expected, probably another 3/4 years.

I have got too used to the power and would like more hence the question, but even though the car is in great condition, I am concerned that with the mileage I do I may run into reliability issues following a remap.

Stu

Is it running without fault, issue and EML?
Presume it's a diesel?

How far are you from MSL, as a starting point?

Is it running without fault, issue and EML?
Presume it's a diesel?

How far are you from MSL, as a starting point?

Sorry, yes it’s a diesel and without any faults / serviced correctly.

It would be MSL I would use... I live in Teesside, but I have read about how good they are and would travel.

Well respected on here and on your doorstep:

Home

That’s the first time I’ve come cross these on the forums... I’ll check them out...

Is the consensus that remapping a car at 113k and keeping it until 200k is ok to do?

It wouldn't worry me.
I had a Vito that was mapped at new, I sold it running well at 330K miles, aside from what I beleive was a transmission vibration.

Hi

Just wondered what people’s thoughts are on remapping higher mileage cars?

I currently have a 2012 E350 coupe with 113k. I do around 23k a year and due to a recent house move will be keeping it longer than expected, probably another 3/4 years.

I have got too used to the power and would like more hence the question, but even though the car is in great condition, I am concerned that with the mileage I do I may run into reliability issues following a remap.

Stu

Assuming that we that are only lowly "Non Performance Car Users" are allowed to comment!:rolleyes:

I would be wary of the fact that your obviously well looked after Engine may have bedded/settled itself in over it's lifetime so far and would consider itself insulted if you decided to basically "Stick a Tuning Rocket" up it's (Front End in this Case) and pay you back accordingly! :eek:

I'm of the "If it aint broke don't fix it" camp! ;)

As long as it is in good order now with no issues / errors and you keep it maintained then there should be no issue provided the map is of good quality. Don't go chasing the moon with top end and keep to safe levels then it shouldn't cause any issues at all.

BFT and MSL work together so you can’t go wrong.....

I wouldn't class 133k as high mileage. I've remapped some CDis at 200k and drove them hard for another 40/50k without problems.

If you decide to go for it, post the results on here, I too have an E350 CDI and would be interested in results.

Afternoon Stu and welcome to MBCUK,

I used Dyno Remaps; based just off Portrack Lane (roughly behind ASDA), no huge gain (but that is what I expected on the V6 lump) but certainly my old CLK is more driveable, I liked the fact that the workshop/equipment was immaculate!

Remaps Stockton | Car Remapping at Dyno Remaps of Stockton

Other learned members are correct - She's hardly ''run-in"

I had my E350 CDI 265A Coupe remapped at Avon Tuning in Bristol with a gearbox map also. There are companies which offer higher gains but at the end of the day i was happy with the service from these guys!

265 > 295 hp
620 > 700 nm

The car was much more brutal after and the power was amazing.

Thats not to say stock isn't quick but the torque increase is quite amazing...

It can hold its own for about a second with my c63 :)

I had my E350 CDI 265A Coupe remapped at Avon Tuning in Bristol with a gearbox map also. There are companies which offer higher gains but at the end of the day i was happy with the service from these guys!

265 > 295 hp
620 > 700 nm

Only a second! :)

265 > 295 hp
620 > 700 nm

What did the gearbox map do?

I wouldn't say your car is high mileage and as long as you look after it, no reason not to map it. As an example, 4 years ago I remapped my 13 year old D5 Volvo at 100k, it has now covered 170k without a single issue and I don't drive it gently. However I have ensured that I put money in to regular oil changes and so on. I fully expect it to go for many more years quite happily, as long as I continue to maintain it.

When I mapped it I replaced all the components likely to suffer failures from increased stress at their age. Happy motoring ever since.

What did the gearbox map do?

I was told it helped put the power down. I find it changes quicker but this could be subjective.

Reactions: m80
I was told it helped put the power down. I find it changes quicker but this could be subjective.

I ask as the Vito holds the 1st 2 gears far too long,
designed for hauling freight possibly.
I would like earlier changes.

When I asked recently I was told by a mapper that the increased torque would cause earlier changes, while I can see that I think the Vi... models are mapped to hold as long as they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom