• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes E350 Advice

With the benefit of the photos I would reject it. The subframe is an MOT fail no question so what else was "missed"? The other potential big ticket item would appear to be the engine oil leak. But I would not be negotiating; tell them in writing (phone conversations are no good; it will become he said you said argument later) that the car IS REJECTED by you (not a request to reject) based on the report by MB and please refund your money in full within 7 days.

This is actually quite close to me. Il give it a look, thank you. Just need the money back first of course! :)

This is actually quite close to me. Il give it a look, thank you. Just need the money back first of course! :)
I've had 3 cars via Jay over the years. He would not sell you a car with a sub frame like that!

I was there on Monday funnily enough so there is a good selection to look at

Yep as others have said, the subframe is a definite fail on a mot and the diff and engine oil leak are visibly a mot advisory at the least amongst other things. Good luck

Mercedes friends, just a quick update.

I got my money back from the garage, was very straightforward actually. They picked up the car from Mercedes Worcester and a couple of days later i got an email saying we will send the money back. They are getting the subframe done FOC at Merc so i think that helped.

So going to relax over Christmas and look out for something early next year.

Got a new Merc EQA arriving for the Mrs March time hopefully. Hoping the subframe be ok on that.

Big thanks for all inputs here on this post, the buying advice and the advice when i was sending it back. What a great community, thanks and best wishes for Christmas.

Martin

Many more fishes (even Mercedes) in the sea.

Glad it's sorted before the Christmas weekend so you can relax.

I'll bet you'll sneak a look on Auto Trader over the holidays though.....😉

Have you had a look at the MERCLAND garage that advertises on here. Has anyone purchased from them before?.

Yes, think there are quite a few people who have bought from Mercland on the forum.
I bought a ML 320cdi with about 70 k on the clock.Did a bit of negotiating regarding tyre replacement and they took care of everything I had noted on the inspection.
I had it for about 12 months and 8 k miles and it was faultless. I actually sold it back to them as I had become surplus to requirements, was very happy with both the car and the deal.
they are also great for servicing and repairs if you live reasonably local , I don’t but my daughter does and had her ML serviced and repaired there when she had it.

I know 2 people who used Mercland & both happy with the cars 12 months+ onwards.

Hi old friends, just thought id pop a quick update in here to say i have bought another 2011 E350 from Mercland as suggested in this thread a few times.

It is being delivered Thursday.

Its the 265bhp one, has a few extra things the old one didn't have which is good.

No pan roof or 19"s but has everything else. 1 owner from new, 80k, full Merc SH and drives really well. It has distronic plus which im intruiged to try doing a lot of motorway miles.

Il pop a few pictures on at some point.

Thanks again for the previous advice, it made me feel very welcome!

So im a verified E350 owner now, got the car last Thursday and i love it.

For an old girl she is so smooth and pulls really well, drives really tight too. I lady owner from new with full Merc SH and you can tell, lots of receipts from Merc so well looked after. I haven't found a blemish on the car yet, so clean, suspiciously so if i didn't know any better. Seems a really honest car and completely standard. Not had a big run in it yet but thats tomorrow.

Initial thoughts on Mercland are really positive too. Gave me decent trade in on my old car. They also put new pads all round, new discs on the front, 2 new tyres and a new front spring and serviced. 6 months Warranty and dropped the car off and picked up the part ex. Really easy process. I will keep an open mind till i have had the car a few months but all positive from Mercland thus far.

The only thing i have noticed that isnt working is the drivers electric headrest and there is a replacement middle console ashtray which i slightly different to the rest of the car, really small things for a 13 year old car.

Couple of pics.

car1.pngcar3.jpg

So im a verified E350 owner now, got the car last Thursday and i love it.

For an old girl she is so smooth and pulls really well, drives really tight too. I lady owner from new with full Merc SH and you can tell, lots of receipts from Merc so well looked after. I haven't found a blemish on the car yet, so clean, suspiciously so if i didn't know any better. Seems a really honest car and completely standard. Not had a big run in it yet but thats tomorrow.

Initial thoughts on Mercland are really positive too. Gave me decent trade in on my old car. They also put new pads all round, new discs on the front, 2 new tyres and a new front spring and serviced. 6 months Warranty and dropped the car off and picked up the part ex. Really easy process. I will keep an open mind till i have had the car a few months but all positive from Mercland thus far.

The only thing i have noticed that isnt working is the drivers electric headrest and there is a replacement middle console ashtray which i slightly different to the rest of the car, really small things for a 13 year old car.

Couple of pics.

View attachment 155162View attachment 155163
Nice motor! The headrest may well spring to life. Mine did, it stopped working for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, it worked and has worked ever since. Hopefully yours does the same. 🤞🙂👍

I also have a 2011 265bhp E350 CDi. It has given me great service in nearly ten years of my ownership. The engine is an absolute peach. I’ve driven 85k miles, averaging around 47mpg.

Good choice of car, enjoy it, 👍🏻

My C207 gave me 8 years of loyal service until the rear subframe failed. It's no fun being slammed into the safety barrier on a intelligent motorway ( I was in the inside lane ). I have written to Mercedes Benz just to talk through what happened (no acknowledgement ). What concerns me I paid to have the rear subframe inspected and was told it was perfect !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom