Tip of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
Maybe this has been done before but why don't we all add our tips of the day.

Here Mine.

It you want to clean a patio / drive way including block paved I use chlorine.
All you do is buy enough drums of chlorine i use 4 drums around £20 a drum. These can normally be bought from a swimming pool company.
Do it on a cold dry day as the chlorine want dry to quick.
You mix a quarter of a watering can worth of chlorine with the other 3/4 water.
Wear old boots and trousers & safety glasses as chlorine will burn through clothing.
Also make sure your pets don't walk on the area's until it is fully dry.
Spinkle enough to make the area wet then you leave it to dry.
Once dry get a wire brush to pull out the now dead weeds from the patio / driveway job done after a quick sweep.
This is by far the quickest way to clean these area's
I do mine twice a year and it leaves by driveway nice and clean and free of weeds.
If you have any stubborn bits you can use a higher percentage of chlorine to water
Jet wash will take you a age to clean small area's of brick at a time.
Like must products try a small area first but i am sure you all will be amazed how quick and easy it is to clean these area's leaving more time to play with you cars.

I have dark finished drain pipes and guttering. WD40 cleans them up really well you can also use it on wooden garden furniture to give it a little perk up...

I love my can of wd40 it has so many uses.

I use WD40 to polish Upvc Windows and doors (wood grain only). It leave a great clean shine.

Continuing the WD-40 theme, it's really great at cleaning up slate mantlepieces. It's also one of the few things to which gaffer tape won't stick.

It you want to clean a patio / drive way including block paved I use chlorine

It'll fine on clay pavers but I wouldn't use it on concrete pavers as the bleach will take some colour out and you'll end up with a white drive.

Maybe this has been done before but why don't we all add our tips of the day.

Here Mine.

It you want to clean a patio / drive way including block paved I use chlorine.
All you do is buy enough drums of chlorine i use 4 drums around £20 a drum. These can normally be bought from a swimming pool company.

You must have a long drive for that amount of chlorine.

As you don't really need to store the chlorine, it may be cheaper to buy sodium hypo liquid from a country store. You do have to be careful in its handling though.

I used to clean the wife's garden figurines by standing them on the steps in the swimming pool for a day or so - no effort required apart from moving them.

Each drum is 20 litres. I use 3 & 1/4 drums on the drive and patio area. My mother asks me to do her small patio as well and the rest is to clean up ornaments around the garden.
I too love the lack of effort needed.

My cousin installs upvc windows, soffits and fascists and also guttering.

He always finishes the job with a quick blow over of wd40.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the forum member who recommended smooth Peanut butter to make tyres shiny......

I hope you're having a good laugh!

No, it doesn't work even slightly, but does leave peanut-butter-brown slime all over them.

Tip Of The Day

Don't eat yellow snow :)

Real tip for barbecues.......If the wire mesh on your barbecue is greased up from the last time it was used, buy some cheap mayonnaise, brush it on to the mesh liberally. Light the barbecue and as it heats up the mayo will take all of the greasy deposits off with little effort

I think jet wash is easier to use than dealing with chlorine and it doesn't take a lot of time.

One of my favourite Viz Top Tips from many years ago:

"Ladies ! Increase the weight of your husband's trousers by attaching onions to the belt loops."

An inexpensive vibrator for your wife can be made by simply dropping a few angry wasps into an empty aluminium cigar tube.

You can thank me later;)

An inexpensive vibrator for your wife can be made by simply dropping a few angry wasps into an empty aluminium cigar tube.

You can thank me later;)

WARNING: DO NOT forget to secure the end cap on before using! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom