• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Too Good To Be True?? Buying C180 2007 Sport

OrObOrOs

Hi all,

i am in the market for a C180, and have found someone selling a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C Class C180K SE 3dr Sport Coupe 1.8 with full service history and 60k on the clock and no known problems.

i have negotiated just under £3k for the car and was wondering if this is too good to be true?

Due to the good deal i am looking to get the car inspected and HPI checked prior to purchase, but is there anything else i can check i.e engine numbers against the chassis.

Anything your guys would recommend doing prior to purchase?

Thanks

Alex

Hi all,

i am in the market for a C180, and have found someone selling a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C Class C180K SE 3dr Sport Coupe 1.8 with full service history and 60k on the clock and no known problems.

i have negotiated just under £3k for the car and was wondering if this is too good to be true?

Due to the good deal i am looking to get the car inspected and HPI checked prior to purchase, but is there anything else i can check i.e engine numbers against the chassis.

Anything your guys would recommend doing prior to purchase?

Thanks

Alex

That price is so far below the book value that there has to be something suspicious about the car. Run a quick check on via "My text check", it costs £3, just text the registration number to 83600.

Do not turn up with alone with cash either!

Similar problems to the W203 C class saloon/estate with which it shares its underpinnings - lots of which are documented on here. That's not to say they are any more problematic than other Mercs of that era. I would personally stay clear of any panoramic roof models- increase the cars weight a lot and potentially very expensive if they go wrong. Otherwise for cars of that age [ 5 years +] it usually pays to assess the seller as well as the car.;)
Look for a car with good documented service history= money spent on it. The more owners a car has had the greater likelihood of problems imho.

That price is half or less what it should be.

Are you asking for advice about potential scams or about the car specifically - or both?

Car buying scams | AA

i was asking if it sound like a scam and since found out that it was a scam.

Going back to look for another one - car that is not scam :doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom