• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

torque settings - w126 brake discs

john rh

Hi

Can anybody tell me the correct torque settings for mounting the w126 front brake discs onto the carriers?

If it makes a difference, my car is a 1986 500SEL with the 300mm discs.

Many thanks

John

Hi

Can anybody tell me the correct torque settings for mounting the w126 front brake discs onto the carriers?

If it makes a difference, my car is a 1986 500SEL with the 300mm discs.

Many thanks

John

If you mean the screws that hold the disc to the hub, just nip them up, otherwise the heads round off.

On my w126, there are 5 big allen bolts which attach the disc to the hub/bearing carrier.

Last time I changed discs, I tightened them hard, but I have a brake warp problem and I have read that over-tightening the bolts might cause this. However, I need to know the toque setting because i don't want them coming loose either!

Cheers

John

If you mean the screws that hold the disc to the hub, just nip them up, otherwise the heads round off.

Sorry jhon, I was thinking of a w124 there:o

Just looked at my 560sel, the discs are indeed held on to the hub by 5 bolts. Never changed them on w126 but the discs and hubs appear to have the same setup as a sprinter van, which I have changed many times. I give the face of the hub a good clean with a wire wheel mounted in an angle grinder before I bolt the disc's on to them. I use a dab of loctite on the threads and then just tighten the bolts evenly till I'm happy.

Over tightning them wont cause brake judder, so long as they sit correctly on the hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom