Trim levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Classic = entry level
Avantgarde = sports
Elegance = luxury
Esprit = ?

uumode said:
Classic = entry level
Avantgarde = sports
Elegance = luxury
Esprit = ?

Classic=95% of what a car can do for half the top models price
Advantgarde= Lower springs, Fatter tyres, Darker Windows.....pimped
Elegance= I like my teeth so I buy a car with suspension fitted.
Esprit= I dont like my teeth that much

I wouldnt take the model badges too seriously. There are Elegance models that have different pattern seats and some chrome trim but none of the useful bits fitted. My Classic has Adjustable steering column, Puddle Lights, Advantgarde Grill and wheels, 4 airbags, BAS, ASSYST, ASR......the list goes on. Koolvin drove mine once and pointed out that my classic facelift has ventilated discs and his Sport model doesnt.

Its what you order on it that matters or in the case of this club what you retrofitted.....MODS! :bannana:

Braking equipment is detemined by the engine size and body shape. Only the C180 saloons have solid front discs, all other models have vented discs, getting bigger discs as you go up through the engine sizes.

I had an Esprit, it was described to me by the salesman as a cheaper version of the sport. Personally I prefer the elegance, I like the look of the wood trim and the comfortable ride of the suspension, it could also be because I have one.

jimmy said:
I had an Esprit, it was described to me by the salesman as a cheaper version of the sport.

ah.. that makes a bit of sense now.

There was a time when there were no trim levels at all, except for optional "sportline". With the entry of the W202 we had, Classic, Esprit, Elegance and Sport. The Classic and Elegance share some stuff but the Elegance costs more, same goes with the Esprit and Sport. With the W210 "Sport" was dropped and Avantgarde was created. Avantgarde is an odd trim level because it is half "Sport" and half "Elegance", the obvious visual part is chrome trim, which Sport models never came with but the Avantgarde does. Personally I liked the "Sport" models because they have the firmer springs, faux-cf interior, no chrome, no two-toned paintwork and less silly options like courtesy lamps and illuminated vanity mirrors (which I ended up adding to my sport model anyway ;) )

Dont forget Auto dimming mirror!

Ps. Classic and Esprit models are faster because they don't lug about 200kg of trim and puddle lights.LOL

Sport Trim also adds a few extra pounds to your insurance premium. I remember arguing over this when it came to renewal but the insurance company insisted that sport designations were more exbenzive to insure.

S.

R2D2 said:
Dont forget Auto dimming mirror!
Yeah but that's not default on anything, pretty much always an option.
R2D2 said:
Ps. Classic and Esprit models are faster because they don't lug about 200kg of trim and puddle lights.LOL
They don't have all that heavy chrome to drag about either, of course neither do new models because it's just that chromated plastic stuff ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom