Truckers to Felixstowe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I've just twigged what RGAF stands for.

Can't we have less of these posts, or at least back them up with a) why they've been posted and/or b) your views on them :crazy:

Dragon posts them to try to stir up some flaming posts and arguments. Why do you think so many come from a certain newspaper.?

Best ignored.

Thw last time i was on that road anyway, it had specs from when i turned or at the M1 till i got to near the soham bypass. it was just 1 long huge tailback of 50mph. horrible road, and my detector just kept on beeping like crazy

This is better though.

bazooka.jpg

come to think of it, it is relevant . E.g actros will now sit behind leyland daf, to allow E320 to pass through.
Yippeee :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thw last time i was on that road anyway, it had specs from when i turned or at the M1 till i got to near the soham bypass. it was just 1 long huge tailback of 50mph. horrible road, and my detector just kept on beeping like crazy

That's the A14 - this is the A12.

kbhogalW126 said:
Do we RGAF?

Probably, because:

- The A12 is the most heavily used andcongested trunk road in the country
- The Government hates motorists so is spending as little as possible on upgrading/new roads
- This recommendation is just one of 28 which have come about as a result of a County Council deciding that it will have to try and do something about the congestion without central Govt. funds - which is a new and proactive approach
- The introduction of 'novel' anti-congestion methods may come to affect us all
- We are (most of us) drivers on this forum and would rather hear our engines purring than idling in traffic

come to think of it, it is relevant . E.g actros will now sit behind leyland daf, to allow E320 to pass through.

Make up your mind whether it useful or not.

If you read carefully it an enquiry about A12. A12 is also part of A14 between Copdock and Bucklesham crossing over the Orwell bridge. It the life blood of truckers from London and from Midlands. They are saying the Government for that matter the Dept of Transport is not putting any more money in it, so you won't get your toys from Felixstowe in time for Christmas.

It the life blood of truckers from London and from Midlands.

You need to turn your map round 90 degrees. The A12 runs East-West, london is due South of the Midlands.
In the big world we have the M1, A1(M), M40.

If you read carefully it an enquiry about A12. A12 is also part of A14 between Copdock and Bucklesham crossing over the Orwell bridge. It the life blood of truckers from London and from Midlands. They are saying the Government for that matter the Dept of Transport is not putting any more money in it, so you won't get your toys from Felixstowe in time for Christmas.

why do you think i get toys from felixstowe? I am sure we have our own port right here on my door step.

Last edited:
A 12 goes form Eastlondon to harwich and felixstowe, and the A14 is from west to east

Last edited:

Couldn't that have been put in your original post, clearly you do have a view about it and aren't just mindlessly posting.

You do post a lot of news stuff, and thats fine by me, but why not add in your own thoughts in the original post. The less folk would whinge about your posts as they'd see a) your POV b) why you've done it c( you'll interact with us all far better, even if someone disagrees with you.

E320, are you coming round to diesel power. By 2010 you'll be in a CDi ;)

A 12 goes form Eastlondon to harwhich and felixstowe, and the A14 is from wast to east

Ehhhh, no.

A12 starts in London (at about E14 - close to All Saints DLR) and ends in Great Yarmouth in Norfolk.

From Colchester you have A120 to Harwich and A133 to Clacton on Sea.

I know.... live here!

Ehhhh, no.

A12 starts in London (at about E14 - close to All Saints DLR) and ends in Great Yarmouth in Norfolk.

From Colchester you have A120 to Harwich and A133 to Clacton on Sea.

I know.... live here!

errm yes. i know you have to turn off the A14 to get to harwich as i did not want to write every single road number down, all i know is when i come from harwhich to london the major road is the A12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom