Tune in radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jub2009

Car
C Class W205
Hi , I've had my W205 for nearly a year now , As of about 2 months ago I can no longer get the "Tune In" radio app to work it buffers for a while and then says playback stopped , I click the play button and it does the same and so this continues , All the other MB apps work ie the weather etc so I know I've got an internet connection with my phone , I'm using the same phone nothings changed there , I use bluetooth tethering same as I've always done when the tune in app was working , I took the car in for a it A service last week and informed them of the issue when I collected the car and asked about if they found anything wrong with it I was met with a blank look (helpful much) Anyone got any ideas please or been suffering the same

Many thanks

Is this with just one or two radio statiins, or have you tried several?

I've tried a few , I like Old school 99 which is an internet only , So I thought there might be an issue with that but it's fine on the PC , I've tried local BBC stations 1 / 1 extra / 2 / 3 , and a few obscure stations , All do the same thing

Does the app work outside the car?

Does the app need updating to a newer version?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

App works fine on the PC at home on the phone , I don't think you can delete the app from comand as its part of the mercedes apps , I've reset the comand to factory (as I got it when I got the car) reset the internet settings on my phone , Disconnected - Reconnected , Done it twice just to be sure , I've tried bluetooth tethering (which is what I used when it worked) and also wi-fi hotspot

And still it will not work

It would be handy to know if anyone is actually listening to it in their car through the pre installed app on the comand (internet radio) as then I know at least it might be an issue with my car , I know it's not the internet connection in the car as I can look at websites / weather etc , I just think that Tune In radio has for some reason is having issues

I called MB yesterday and they are like bring the car in and we will look at it which means losing it for a day which due to dealer locations and where I work is a real pita , So I thought i'd ask here first to see if anyone else is having the issue and then at least I can give them the car with a bit of confidence the issue will be resolved

Hi jub2009 / all,

I am having exactly the same issue and am keen to get it sorted too....can connect to the internet via my phone on bluetooth tethering, can access the internet and all mercedes apps with the exception of Tunein radio! Get the same 'buffering' followed by the 'playback has stopped' messages.

My car is due for it's 1st service next month so will ask my local dealership and will reply back with any information I get out of them...if any.

Regards,
Jon

Hi Jonny ,

Please let me know what they say , Mine was in for a service just a couple of weeks ago , I told them of the problem and when I picked the car up they said they did'nt find anything , tbh I got the impression they didn't even bother , i've been in touch with "Tunein" support who have told me they have an issue that MB know about , But i've called several different MB dealers and asked them if they are aware of an issue and they have all said no , Again please let me know what they say , Thank you

Sure, I will keep you posted! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom