Two Tonne Bully

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You need to get the tune/coding sorted asap. The ECU relies on the sensors to adjust the mixture under normal driving (close loop). Other than that it sounds about right - loud and intoxicating.

It's difficult to design the headers around the starter and steering column being on one side, let alone try to fix a LHD design. Hopefully you get it all sorted soon and it becomes a distant memory.

It blew the passenger side header/manifold gasket pretty much straight away. Just been waiting for an OEM replacement which is hopefully arriving today, then will pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

My tuner had some in house technical issues this week, which should be sorted today. Tune likely to go on tomorrow.

If it's not sorted out tomorrow, it'll have to wait until next week as I'm going on holiday.

This is dragging lol, but I wanted long tubes... :D

It blew the passenger side header/manifold gasket pretty much straight away. Just been waiting for an OEM replacement which is hopefully arriving today, then will pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

My tuner had some in house technical issues this week, which should be sorted today. Tune likely to go on tomorrow.

If it's not sorted out tomorrow, it'll have to wait until next week as I'm going on holiday.

Stick at it Chief. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. You are not on your own with the Modding frustrations. There will be many of us on here interested to see how it turns out. Enjoy the Hols.

Do you mean the car blew away the metal gasket that sits between the head and exhaust manifold? Was manifold not attached firmly to head or how/what happened? I have a few of unused MB gaskets if it helps.

Just did the Sneaky ECU reset for the first time... wow, it really perks up.

How do you do this please?

Is the IAT a big job to replace? I am taking mine to MSL on the 12th and want to make sure its in good health as best as possible. I do not know how old it is so it is probably worth changing.

It is good to have a local indy, I'm just down the road in Aylesbury so I may use Autoclass at some point.

Car is looking good, and the 1/4 run at 12.3 is good going!

Do you mean the car blew away the metal gasket that sits between the head and exhaust manifold? Was manifold not attached firmly to head or how/what happened? I have a few of unused MB gaskets if it helps.

The headers came with their own gasket (yes, between head and exhaust manifold). I'm almost certain they weren't metal, but I didn't inspect them that much to be honest.

I may take you up on your offer if hasn't got them already, but don't actually think it will help due to timing and holiday etc.

How do you do this please?

Is the IAT a big job to replace? I am taking mine to MSL on the 12th and want to make sure its in good health as best as possible. I do not know how old it is so it is probably worth changing.

It is good to have a local indy, I'm just down the road in Aylesbury so I may use Autoclass at some point.

Car is looking good, and the 1/4 run at 12.3 is good going!

Haven't replaced the IAT sensor yet, have barely had the car over the past month or more. But it seems straightforward.

For ECU reset:

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.

We should talk. :D

Thanks Sam.

Are there any local meets that you're aware of?

Yeah there are a few car meets here and there, depends what you mean by local, and what sort of scene you're into. Boosted Events in Aylesbury is always pretty good. It's a cars and coffee event, they have it once a month usually.

Alex, your shop and your car blew me away. Very impressed with so much of what I saw and took in. And thanks for your kindness. Cannot wait to see your completed project. Inspirational. Makes me feel a bit like a kid playing with legos. :D

Yeah there are a few car meets here and there, depends what you mean by local, and what sort of scene you're into. Boosted Events in Aylesbury is always pretty good. It's a cars and coffee event, they have it once a month usually.

Anything really. Any actual Merc meets etc. I'm not too far from the boosted events, just down the road from me.

There's a big classic car race/event at Silverstone next weekend, not really a meet though.

There's a car meet in Abingdon Aug 12th, looks like a hatchback-y "stance" kind of meet though.

Huge CarFest event in Basingstoke 25-27th August.

Another Boosted Event, Boosted Summer Festival, August 27th in MK17, Swanbourne.

There's a BMW vs AMG meet in London, NW10 on 27th August.

The next MB event I know about is Sept 23rd, Mercedes Owners UK 2017 Meeting at Brooklands, Weybdridge.

Also Alx,

Best of all, loved the Korn playing in the background.

Thanks S. it was good to meet you. I've got my bits from the machinist this morning so it's all good. Hope you get the gasket issues sorted and we can meet with both cars running strong :rock::thumb:

There's a big classic car race/event at Silverstone next weekend, not really a meet though.

There's a car meet in Abingdon Aug 12th, looks like a hatchback-y "stance" kind of meet though.

Huge CarFest event in Basingstoke 25-27th August.

Another Boosted Event, Boosted Summer Festival, August 27th in MK17, Swanbourne.

There's a BMW vs AMG meet in London, NW10 on 27th August.

The next MB event I know about is Sept 23rd, Mercedes Owners UK 2017 Meeting at Brooklands, Weybdridge.

Hi fella... Whats the BMW AMG meet? Is it listed online anywhere? Would be interested in this....:thumb:

So car seems to be sorted and running well now.

Had many issues with tune and running way way too rich. The problem turned out to be soldering the O2 sensor harness. Do Not Do This. I hadn't read about this problem enough, and when asked by the fabricator, said sure go ahead.

It had black sooty emissions and I couldn't get MPG over 14mpg even with a long 60mph cruise. Something that should be about 25mpg for me.

Anyway, so I ended up getting new primary O2 sensors with new OEM harness, and just unplugged and tucked away the secondary O2 sensors. And after clearing codes, it now runs like a champ. MPG back to normal. Still smells a bit, but this is normal for no cats.

Fitment is probably 90% there. It has a slight vibration on the steering column, only on fast-ish right hand turn. And the passenger side slightly vibrates on the a heat-shield under hard acceleration. It'll go back for those over the next couple of weeks when I get some time. Just want to enjoy driving it for a while.

smed08-albums-e55k-amg-picture10900-longtube-pb5-headers-e55.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom