Two Tonne Bully

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well MBClub.co.uk stopped hosting images natively, and my thread has lost all it's photos. That's annoying.

EDIT: Correction, it seems the images are still hosted, just in a different way, so my image links are all broken from previous posts. Still annoying, but not as bad.

So needed to fix the rear badges which were painted black by previous owner, and chipping badly. Used a heat gun and some fishing line to remove the badges and glue.

I bought some black badges off Ebay which actually seem to be OK quality. The plastic itself seems black, so hopefully won't chip. It came with what seemed to be a nice template to mount the badge, but it did not have the OEM spacing, so I used masking tape and did it all manually.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

As you can see, chipped pretty badly.
IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG
IMG_5059.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG

Dunno if it's my eyes playing tricks on my, but the A seems a little low.

I'm also not a fan of the emblem adhesive tape that came supplied with these badges. It's too thick and the badges sit too far off the paint and hold water when wet. So I may re-do these with thinner emblem tape.

My E55 badge seems fine actually, so will leave it, but the Mercedes Star is an absolute mess. To change it, I need to remove the bootlid lining which will have to be another day.

And got some new sticky rubber. Not exactly drag radials, but should be a decent improvement over the Yokahama Advan Sports.

They're Nankang AR-1 tyres. Normally I avoid Nankang and would never put them on my E55, but these have pretty good reviews, and they're only really for the next month or so, and will be changed out when late autumn kicks in. These tyres are essentially made to compete with the Toyo Proxes R888R's.

I actually went to Santa Pod this past saturday, but it rained out just as I was in the staging lanes. Very annoying. I was a little nervous I was going to die in the rain with these tyres, but if driven sensibly, they're fine.

IMG_5064.JPG

^ Yep, the A in the AMG is low. , but it looks better than the chipped one. I think it would bother me too.

Not much tread pattern on those Nankangs is there:D
They'll be fun on a damp icy road but I'm guessing you are planning winter tyres very seeon.

So needed to fix the rear badges which were painted black by previous owner, and chipping badly. Used a heat gun and some fishing line to remove the badges and glue.

I bought some black badges off Ebay which actually seem to be OK quality. The plastic itself seems black, so hopefully won't chip. It came with what seemed to be a nice template to mount the badge, but it did not have the OEM spacing, so I used masking tape and did it all manually.

View attachment 72043

As you can see, chipped pretty badly.
View attachment 72044

View attachment 72045

View attachment 72046
View attachment 72047
View attachment 72048

I'm also not a fan of the emblem adhesive tape that came supplied with these badges. It's too thick and the badges sit too far off the paint and hold water when wet. So I may re-do these with thinner emblem tape.

My E55 badge seems fine actually, so will leave it, but the Mercedes Star is an absolute mess. To change it, I need to remove the bootlid lining which will have to be another day.

The A is lower but I ASSURE you I wouldn't have noticed if you'd not have told me. You've done a good job fitting them without a proper template

So it seems we can no longer edit posts. At all. Unless I'm missing something. So now I can't edit my original posts to put the pics back in. So I'll just dump them here I guess.

IMG 0121

IMG 2052

Wheels in Motion

Wheels in Motion doing their thing

10766.jpg

10767.jpg

New front discs

Project B5 Longtube Headers

Project B5 Longtube headers

IMG 3851

Went back to Santa Pod this weekend. Busy day at the track, but conditions were great.

Density Altitude was initially -30m in the morning, however by the time I ran it was about 60m, with a temperature of 16C.

Got a chance to use the new Nankang AR-1 tyres. Due to track being busy, only got 3 runs. Need more practice with these tyres, but initial impressions are, definitely an improvement over the Yokohama Advan street tyres.

Best time was 12.18s at 118.7mph. 60ft time was terrible at 2.1s. I was babying it off the line like I was for the normal tyres, but this wasn't needed as they hooked fairly well. They may have prepped the track too.

So definitely can be much more aggressive with these tyres, which I'll try again this weekend. I'm confident I should be able to get a 1.7-1.8s 60ft time which will allow an 11 second pass.

Starting IATs were about 37C (even after the burnout), and got up to 55C by the time I got into 2nd gear, then peaked at 60C by the end of the track. So the ECU will be pulling a lot of timing.

Also boost only got up to a peak of 11psi. The long tube headers definitely increase flow a bit. Hopefully the low PSI is related to just the headers and not a boost leak somewhere.

Time for smaller pulley and some water:meth injection. :D

Maybe, but by thtiniest of margins, however this could be an optical illusion. I noticed you have taken the photo from the left of centre, does it look the same when viewed from other angles, ie dead centre or right of centre?

Low 12's is a great pass for a rwd car. You should definitely be in the 11's with a smaller pulley when you get the launch right.

full

Went to a dyno day couple of weeks ago. Was a nice day. Was interested what the long tube headers might have done. It certainly felt faster. My only other concern was that I lost the custom map done by Jerry at Eurocharged, in favour of a temporary box safe tune as a temporary measure until I'm "done" tuning.

It previously made 558bhp at MSL who use a dynojet dyno. The shop I used recently used a Mustang dyno, which are known to read the lowest of all the dynos. Typically 10% lower than a dynojet. Regardless, like-for-like comparisons will be impossible, especially on a completely different dyno. But it was mainly meant to be a fun day out mainly.

My car made 530bhp (400whp) and 882Nm/650lbft (668wNm/493lbft). If they say Mustang Dynos read 10% lower than DynoJet, then that's nearly 590bhp, which is about 30bhp higher since the headers, which is about the best I could hope for. I think there's an MSL dyno day coming up, may make a trip out just to use the same dyno (even though weather is colder now than when it was last at MSL).

Here are some shots I took on the dyno day.

full

full

full

full

Some more pics from the event

This guy has a C55 (replica) Black Series, but is currently installing a supercharger to it. Going to be interesting. :D
full

full

full

full

full

Weistec C63 making over 700bhp.
full

Nice figures. How did they do their calculations? Mine made 444 whp at MSL, and 522bhp at the fly.

What is the mileage on your car btw?

Nice figures. How did they do their calculations? Mine made 444 whp at MSL, and 522bhp at the fly.

What is the mileage on your car btw?
No idea. Obviously wildly different calculations to MSL lol.

Mileage is 117,000ish now.

No idea. Obviously wildly different calculations to MSL lol.

Mileage is 117,000ish now.

I reckon MSL work on 15% losses to the crank. Either way the more accurate way is at the wheels. I reckon the Dyno you took yours to under reads by a fair bit. Your car will have more power than mine and they have it as 44 less.

Are you concerned about running moeen power? MSL advised me not to but I do have 20k more. My car uses no oil though.

Msl were previously working on 18% losses when i had my pulley and Headers done. Have a chat with Acid, if you are interested, he probably has a 77mm Upd s/c pulley on the shelf. Or there is the 83/84mm eurocharged pulley, or crank pulley, or throttle body, or..or...charger...ororor..slippery slope. Still find mine addictive.

Jimbo

As I already said before, stunning pics S :thumb:

Msl were previously working on 18% losses when i had my pulley and Headers done. Have a chat with Acid, if you are interested, he probably has a 77mm Upd s/c pulley on the shelf. Or there is the 83/84mm eurocharged pulley, or crank pulley, or throttle body, or..or...charger...ororor..slippery slope. Still find mine addictive.

Jimbo
I definitely want more power. I've been offered a good deal on a 74mm clutched pulley. My main concerns are obviously heat and fuelling.

As for heat, it's winter coming so will be fine for a while. I want to install a water/meth kit anyway. If I go with a water/meth injection kit, supercharger will have to come off to get the nozzle in the correct location, if I'm going to pull the charger off, might as well put an 82mm throttle body on. :D

As for fuelling; I'll need to factor in a set of injectors. I think a 77mm should be fine on stock injectors, but a 74mm might be pushing it.

Either way, I'd keep my 84mm pulley as a back up.

...more, moar, MOARRR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom