Uncle Ian does a Great Job!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lomo

Car
1994 E220 coupe Bornite/AMG styled.2001 CLK 320 Convertible.2005 Mitsubishi L200 Animal / Black .
I had purchased my first Merc (W124 ) just over a year ago and past 10 months I had the looked after by local garages and suppliers. The car was fine but I needed to get it better and find someone who knew Mercs.

I discovered this Indy near to me (Kirkham) through this forum and decided to pamper her with the "Works" and after the first visit and major service we discussed her needs and Uncle Ian worked his magic.

Over the last month or so the car as had proper TLC inlcluding sort out old oil leak ( 4 mechanics looked previous), Windowscreen re seal, leaking rear windows, Eleccy problems, complete new exhaust sytems ( sounds stunning ) Braking overall and handbrake, cure heater system etc ( much more!!! )

The car now performs and runs really special ( to me anyway ). At this point I then decided to annoy Uncle Ian and deal with some cosmetic mods ( replace steering wheel, grill replacement, change lights , Tidy rear panels and the real clincher convert a full walnut interior from e320 estate to fit a coupe even door panels ( will post pics soon ).

I have also undertaken some basic mechanics and removal of parts and replacement ( under adult supervision!!! ha ha ).

Now i just pop up there and annoy him and meet other Forum members (Last Minute , JPS , KJ all great guys ).

I cannot Thank him enough for his time and his rates ( a lot cheaper than MB when i have asked them for quotes ).

I have to be careful I dont end up stalking him ( that impressed ) Even when he takes the p--s out of my 18" Brabus Rep Blings ( going soon AMG 17's due ). He tried to convince me to some SLK 16's and asked thoughts on forum ( must find thread !! ) but you all said No. I was right Uncle Ian.

Such a long thread but I enjoy the car than ever and before this work even considered selling for a 190 2.5 16v glad I didnt.

I hope you enjoyed the read and if you need an Indy just call Uncle Ian ( not really uncle wanted to call him old b-----d with dodgy beard!! ).:):):)

Thank you for your kind words Mark. Yes, your current wheels are cr@p !! :D:devil: private joke

It is possible to fit out a coupe with the wood work from an estate. Even the front doors by utilizing the infill's from the estates rear doors. A couple of extra holes need drilling and some very careful paring with a rusty hacksaw blade :rolleyes:. I most enjoyed retro fitting a very sweet back box. Its one of the more pleasing things I have done. ;)

You know you want the wheels just admit it!!

Anyway, just like to say Thanks and I hope others will enjoy your rudeness, bad manners and your attention to detail ( bloody perfectionist) when they visit ( Only Kidding )

Might see you at Sheffield GTG if am brave enough.:)

You know you want the wheels just admit it!!

Probably wants to fit them on Edna :D :devil:.

Probably wants to fit them on Edna :D :devil:.

If IBW keeps insulting the wheels i have no chance off selling them. My kids love them make it look "ghetto" and "street".

If IBW keeps insulting the wheels i have no chance off selling them. My kids love them make it look "ghetto" and "street".

You just know they're wrong when your kids love them:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom