Very Unstable C63 Coupe.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I disapprove of prostitutes but adds a little spice to life every now and then ;)

Thanks for the replies gents. The car had a full MOT and clean bill of health in Nov 2014, but as the guys down at MB of Wakefield are always willing to help, I will pop it down for another full MOT check up, you never know, with the state of our roads I may have a broken or worn spring etc.
Re the quoted speeds - the bollocking I got off the wife is still ringing in my ears, and yes I beat the Golf R, but he must have been laughing at me after what he saw happen, pride before a fall and all that!

A matter of technicality, but....

Since the original post was made at 8:02, and quoted at 8:32, by the time it was quoted it was no longer possible for the OP to edit it anyway.

So the quote wasn't only malicious, but completely pointless too. :bannana:

Did the car have matching tyres when you first noticed the problem? A mismatched tread pattern could be the cause or a contributing factor.

Personally I wouldn't mix tyres, especially if the car will be used at high speed.

Dim, its a public forum, with functions available to users depicted to the bottom left of every post made, We cant all agree all the time.

Dim as in this is the AMG Lounge inside a Mercedes Forum....not a BMW Diesel Forum where you can all chat about how lovely the drive from Reading to slough only took 4hrs at the appropriate speeds etc etc :dk:

Did the car have matching tyres when you first noticed the problem? A mismatched tread pattern could be the cause or a contributing factor.

Personally I wouldn't mix tyres, especially if the car will be used at high speed.
Hey Bobby :thumb:

I have Dunlops on the front and Eagle's on the rear and drive at way above the OP's speeds (On the Autobahn, on a clear day, with very little traffic :D)
As long as the Rears are the same and the front a pair I don't see an issue :dk:

OP, you might want to put a little more air in the tyres for high speeds, mine run on 42 ;)

Hey Bobby :thumb:

I have Dunlops on the front and Eagle's on the rear and drive at way above the OP's speeds (On the Autobahn, on a clear day, with very little traffic :D)
As long as the Rears are the same and the front a pair I don't see an issue :dk:

OP, you might want to put a little more air in the tyres for high speeds, mine run on 42 ;)

I'd agree it shouldn't make a difference Chris, but depending upon what they are, then I'd be looking there next if the geometry and pressures are all spot on, especially if the C-coupe is known the be light at speed.

Years ago I bought a car with different tyres front and rear (but matching on each axle) and although they were relatively new (and branded), the car drove so much better when I replaced all four tyres.

Dim as in this is the AMG Lounge inside a Mercedes Forum....not a BMW Diesel Forum where you can all chat about how lovely the drive from Reading to slough only took 4hrs at the appropriate speeds etc etc :dk:

Speed limits apply to all makes and models.

I have been very fast on two wheels and four Mallory,Donnington,Cadwell,Brands,Snett,Croft,Knockhill and more,I did not personally slight the OP only his actions,i did not make any personal derogatory remarks about any individual.As I said we cant all agree al the time.

Hmmm, maybe I'll place some Eagle's on the front as well and see but to be honest, the set up feels nicely grounded for corners and traction....

Will certainly swap in the Summer and see :)

Speed limits apply to all makes and models.

I have been very fast on two wheels and four Mallory,Donnington,Cadwell,Brands,Snett,Croft,Knockhill and more,I did not personally slight the OP only his actions,i did not make any personal derogatory remarks about any individual.As I said we cant all agree al the time.

It was callous, malicious and uncalled for whatever your personal feelings.

If you don't agree, which you obviously don't, then why bother carrying out those actions in the first place? Choose to ignore and move on :dk:

MCFastybloke, why don't you just delete your post that copies the OP's original post?

You've made your point and I am sure the OP realises now he shouldn't have posted in the manner he did. Many forum members post on here about driving fast but use known words or phrases in place of numbers, abbreviations or locations, yet we all know they are doing something incorrect.

We all make mistakes and these forums are for sharing experiences and also to learn things and gain knowledge. I think the OP gets the message, but you are doing yourself no favours with the forum by doing what you have.

Jules.

I Have no regret, not one shred,if it puts me in a bad light then so be it,i will not condone excessive speed and the boasting of such on public forum.I have conveyed this sentiment on here before with similar results and it will not change my point of view.

Gotta confess I'm missing the point here too ChrisA.

Can't see why you so adamant, strident & rude in your defence of someone driving out of control at 140+MPH on the public roads.

Seems to me silly to do & even more bloody silly to boast / talk about it on a public forum where, unless the OP gets the whole thread deleted, it'll be forever. :doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom