VIN Checker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
This is a moderately interesting site where you can type in your VIN number and find out a little bit more about your car.

VIN Checker

Does anyone know of a better one?

Despite my reservation about entering a VIN code into a Polish website, it does work :bannana:

Nice find Simon :)

Does anyone know of anything similar for UK Car registration plates?

Cheers :)

Does anyone know of anything similar for UK Car registration plates?

How about www.DaveElcome.com/pnc

Just kidding Dave.

However I do remember a story about a petrol company promotion, where if your car registration number was revealed on a scratch card you win. This proved too much of a temptation for one or two Police officers who looked up the owner on the PNC and contacted them with a view to going halves on the winnings! I think now you have to give a reason for the check.

We have a system at work called VRM Lookup, (Vehicle Registration Mark) we type in the registration and the computer instantly dials into HPi and brings up details of the car including VIN and engine numbers, make, model, engine size, year of manufacture etc. The computer then narrows down the parts in its database to only those that will fit that car, great for Japanese and German cars but not so great for French and 'British' cars.

The information does not include any personal details on the owner for security reasons.

I liked that:D . Found out the wifes Fiesta was built in Germany:) not quite a Merc but getting there:rolleyes: .

Interestin'...very Interestin... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom