Vito 108 cdi issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChowderV4

Car
vito
hi there, i have been browsing the forum trying to find the issue i have but havent found a definitive answer, so hoping i may be able to find a solution by posting.

Basically i have a 2000 vito 108 cdi, the ecu recently shorted out and melted. van was running perfect before hand.
the ecu part number that burnt out was A000 153 04 79

I bought a new cdi, immobilzer, key kit and fitted it, van starts and runs fine but has a sever lack of power, as if it isnt boosting.
The cdi kit was from a 108cdi part number A000 153 11 79

i had done an oil change before the ecu went and turns out i over filled it a bit, i drained it to the correct level when i changed the ecu but it still is ery underpowered.

I removed and cleaned the erg valve too
but it is very smokey while running, black smoke. could that be due to overfilling with oil and it getting dragged through the intake/turbo etc?

Is it possible it has the wrong ecu fitted or could something else have broken, i have checked all vacuums and everything seems fine , i havent checked vacuum pressure yet.

it seems too much of a conicidence that after the new ecu was fitted that it started running **** .

If anyone has any info that would be extremely helpful as this is my race van to transport my bike to races.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom