W124 E500 gibberish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
stwat said:
It will be interesting to see if this comes back on the market again any time soon.

If it does he's shooting himself in the foot as probably 90% of 500e buyers will be on the forums or at least looking on them due to it being an enthusiasts car.

Got a text from the seller saying he'd sell it for the right price or rather hang onto it - it's like, hold on I bought it fair and square on a no reserve auction - what a timewaster!

Got a text from the seller saying he'd sell it for the right price or rather hang onto it - it's like, hold on I bought it fair and square on a no reserve auction - what a timewaster!

Needless to say, its against eBay rules to simply pull out of a sale of a no reserve auction, just because you don't like the price it achieved. At the same time, its against the rules for a buyer to do the same - or to attach conditions on the sale such as a post-winning-bid inspection etc.

One wonders why he's paid so much (the cost of selling a car on eBay aren't insignificant) on listing fees to not sell it, or why he misunderstood the eBay auction rules so badly.

Needless to say, its against eBay rules to simply pull out of a sale of a no reserve auction, just because you don't like the price it achieved. At the same time, its against the rules for a buyer to do the same - or to attach conditions on the sale such as a post-winning-bid inspection etc.

One wonders why he's paid so much (the cost of selling a car on eBay aren't insignificant) on listing fees to not sell it, or why he misunderstood the eBay auction rules so badly.

Sellers make their own rules in my experience... I have always honoured a sale either way, shane Others don't have ethics. Still love eBay though ...

I don't usually put a reserve on, and I've only been badly caught out once - a bike a dealer had offered me £500 for went for £172.67p. The buyer was a nice lad, which helped, but even so - Ouch!

Safest way is to set just above proven selling prices and then take offers in my experience. Having said that I am going to use a classified advert next time because last time I had some problematic buyers.

If they can't be ****d to write an advert, what else can't they be ****d to do - Servicing? Maintainence...? They couldn't even put an 'r' on the end of 'M Power'...

I agree. If I was interested in this, I'd want to check it out and not require a cv from the seller. Are we saying that, when buying a car, one of the priorities is a good salesman? :confused:

Yes, but this is MBClub for old whingers. The latest rule is that you MUST criticise anyone at every opportunity...it's the Law...

It's been on ebay for a few months though

Turns out he wasn't much of a salesman afterall then, just a time waster. In my mind it proves that how the advert is written and presented is important.

Out of interest, did you report him to ebay for not honouring the sale?

My message to seller: Hi, I understood this car was sold on the 11th Sept?

Reply from seller: It didn't reach reserve. It wasn't sold. And won't be sold without right price.

Out of interest, did you report him to ebay for not honouring the sale?
I didn't - couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Not sure what the seller is trying to achieve - I think everyone would agree my £7.8k bid was fair!

If anyone is interested in buying this I'd be very wary of the seller as he is pretty shady...not long ago he told me he couldn't part with the car because he's owned it for so long and loved it so much...I thought ok fair enough.

Then he texts me saying he would sell it for the right price even though I won it fair and square on a no reserve auction. Wasted my time calling around, doing HPI checks, sorting insurance etc.

Now it's back up on eBay with a reserve!

If anyone is interested in buying this I'd be very wary of the seller as he is pretty shady...not long ago he told me he couldn't part with the car because he's owned it for so long and loved it so much...I thought ok fair enough.

Then he texts me saying he would sell it for the right price even though I won it fair and square on a no reserve auction. Wasted my time calling around, doing HPI checks, sorting insurance etc.

There'll always be another one, bide your time. The man with the cash is king! :thumb:

Someone unscrupulous might suggest bidding it up... and up... and up... I wouldn't ever suggest it though.. or do it.

Someone unscrupulous might suggest bidding it up... and up... and up... I wouldn't ever suggest it though.. or do it.

You're a bad boy NB, that thought would never have crossed my mind...

I didn't - couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

It's not much hassle really. Easiest way is to call them up and you may be able to make sure he gets stuck with the sale fees!

Haha so tempting mate...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's bidding it up himself though...

Going up to see him... will make him an offer on it and see what comes out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom