• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 Replacing fuel lines

chris clk320

Car
CLK 320 conv. W124 e220 coup
Evening All,
I have been shown a fuel leak under my E220 W124 coupe due to corroded fuel line.

It was in for a Value service at Gatwick MB dealer who identified it and showed me the leak on video, it was like a dripping tap! The leak looks like its at the rear just before it runs up to the tank and is dripping below where it runs along the subframe.

Having been quoted £800.00 to fix it which I understand is basically a new fuel line full length front to rear.

I always consider doing stuff like this myself and am reasonably handy on the spanners. So I wanted to check on here whether anyone has renewed fuel lines and what sort of job it is and what it involves.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Chris

You can buy replacement copper (Kunifer) line from your local auto parts store. You'll need to borrow or hire a flaring tool for the ends possibly but it's not a difficult job. The worst bit is trying to snake the new lines in around the sub frame (where applicable)

If you don't want to do it yourself, I would recommend SS Motors in Weybridge, they replaced the Hydraulic lines for the Self Levelling on my 126 for sensible money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom