• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 Restoration

Are you going to drop it a bit once the AMG lump goes in ? looks high at the front ?

Don`t know,with all this bumps around London.We`ll see :thumb:

Dash I made the choice of going for a car that had been 'done' already, but am starting to discover things I didn't want to discover!! Dang!!! Probably should've gone for a restoration job from scratch!

I spent a good few hours cleaning the car over the weekend and noticed a bit of rust under some of the arches - seeing as we are close by, maybe I can swing by your way and we can discuss!

Your car looks very nice by the way - great job.

Thats looking beautiful dash! really has come out amazing. The wheels look great on that, now I have to get mine refurbished too at some point :P . Keep a look out for an AMG rear box, im sure you'll find one as that will complete the look.

By the way, now that your wife has seen it...I have a spare room in my house for you!

By the way, now that your wife has seen it...I have a spare room in my house for you!

Maybe when she hears about the engine,I might take your offer on that :D

If I`m honest mate,i really like the Remus one

Just tell her you've taken the engine out for a bit of a spring clean and are just putting it back in.

mate looks fantastic well done and anything wrong with the 320 engine??

Very nice car and black suits it. Not a great color down under though, as it gets around 40C in the summer months.

Thnx dude,if I did not have this,your E55 would have been on my drive
Speaking of my E55, the new owner took it to Santa Pod couple of weeks ago he said he recorded 1/4 mile in 14 secs @ 105mph (not sure if that is a good time for the car).

I do miss the car, will have to get some more AMG or M power very soon.

Speaking of my E55, the new owner took it to Santa Pod couple of weeks ago he said he recorded 1/4 mile in 14 secs @ 105mph (not sure if that is a good time for the car).

I do miss the car, will have to get an AMG very soon.

Fixed that for you mate :D

Ah Dash, your new baby looks sweet! Is the ride height original? Also is the paint metallic or solid?

The evo wheels really set it off, and fitted with the 3.6, it'll be a proper autobahn-stormer!

May I direct you to a post you made at the beginning of this thread?

... in the end,i`ll have the w124 i always wanted

I think that's what it's all been about. Good stuff, hope the engine conversion goes smoothly.

Ah Dash, your new baby looks sweet! Is the ride height original? Also is the paint metallic or solid?

The evo wheels really set it off, and fitted with the 3.6, it'll be a proper autobahn-stormer!

May I direct you to a post you made at the beginning of this thread?

I think that's what it's all been about. Good stuff, hope the engine conversion goes smoothly.

Thnx Mate :)
The height is sportline but I`ve the thick spring pads as I`m scared to lower it
The paint is 040 black and is non metalic,is like gloss black.I`ve always loved the colour

Hi, just wondering how your getting on with this restoration, Iv just bought a CE-W124 my self and planning on stripping the car re-spraying it and putting some new leather interior in the car, iv managed to find most bits but one thing i cant find is the AMG Kit for this model, do you know where i can get this from (apart from Main Dealers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom