• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 Restoration

Hi, just wondering how your getting on with this restoration, Iv just bought a CE-W124 my self and planning on stripping the car re-spraying it and putting some new leather interior in the car, iv managed to find most bits but one thing i cant find is the AMG Kit for this model, do you know where i can get this from (apart from Main Dealers)

hahahahahahahaha ive been looking for a front bumper for over a year best of luck my friend and hope the project goes well

hahahahahahahaha ive been looking for a front bumper for over a year best of luck my friend and hope the project goes well

He has a full kit already :thumb:

Great looking car, I've got something similar going on but mine's all white lowered with 17" black alloys. w124's are great. :thumb:

He got it from me though,I was saving that one but the money was there so I had to take it

what that early gen 1 you sent mme pics of???

Nope,one like yours :o was saving the front bumper for my estate

O! O! O! O! REALY? WELL! and there i was thinking we were friends how could you do it to me you eveil git ive found a source but they will not ship to uk am very un happy to here you had 1 the whole time you could of sold me it or even given me the first refusal cldnt of you??? lol :P

Sorry mate :o I had no intention of selling it at all + you would only need the front bumper

i have the estate! wld of stuck my cut 1 on the te and the skirts and rear but hay ho is done now my so called friend!

i forgive u realy :P

Thanx mate,how`s your TT going?

Really well thanks, with advice & help from RBYCC sourcing a injector plate and some hands on tinkering it get's to 60mph in under 5seconds all the way to 160mph, very amusing for surprising many newer 'performance' cars. Will be going up to Santa Pod next year to find 1/4 mile time.

Instead of putting the 3.6 in, You should keep an eye out for a turbotechnics or mosselman kit i can't recommend it enough. What's the bhp + torque figures for the 3.6?

Instead of putting the 3.6 in, You should keep an eye out for a turbotechnics or mosselman kit i can't recommend it enough. What's the bhp + torque figures for the 3.6?

I`ve thought about it and I know where to get a brand new TT kit,but for some reason I like the 3.6 engine.I know I`m only getting around 280bhp witch is less than a TT,but I`m happy with that

The thing with a TT kit is the way the power is delivered also engine parts are cheaper on standard engines than AMG engines.

I'm a bit confused as to why most W124's over your end of the world are rusty? Here down under, barely see any with rust whatsoever. I know certain places in Europe & I suppose the US get rusty ones due to salt used to disperse snow. Is this the same where your located. My 87' 300E has nil rusty issues. It has been totally resprayed a few years back but floor & underbody is completely sound.

Superb restoration job d W124.

Which bodyshop/garage did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Would you recommend them?

Superb restoration job d W124.

Which bodyshop/garage did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Would you recommend them?

A place local to me,and yes I`d recommend them

I know certain places in Europe & I suppose the US get rusty ones due to salt used to disperse snow.

100% the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom