W163 Instrument cluster problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkmoon269

Car
ML 270 CDi
Please could someone help.

I have just bought a 2003 ML 270 cdi, and love it. Noticed that the Outside Temp, Mileage and Gear/Clock on the instrument cluster did not illuminate. Went ahead and changed all 3 bulbs, but they still dont light up

Am I missing something else. All other dials light up fine when side lights are switched on, but the above 3 parts of the cluster should be permanently lit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a dimmer, but it is turned up to the fullest position. Do you know where the fuse is located in the speedo/cluster?

Try here... http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum...luster-lights-w124-cluster-fuse-1-red-bis.jpg

g.png

Thanks for link advice

Hi Jane

I appreciate your reply and the link.

The dimmer still works, allows you to dim the speedo/MPH etc.

However the mileage, temp and clock/gear selected have no illumination. Normally these are always illuminated even when lights are off.

I will have a look for the fuse, but the back of my instrument cluster does not look like that picture in the link.

If I get another cluster, can I just plug it in or does it need coding to the vehicle?

It seems as though no one has had this issue before, so can I just buy a new cluster and plug it in or does it have to be coded to the car?

The IC is not coded, so any one will work. However, it does store the mileage. It may be possible to change the mileage value using Star Diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom