W202 c180 help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich-DD

Car
W202 C180
Hi there
My w202 c180 (2000) chucked on the bas esp warbing light today. Seems to drive ok still but any ideas?

Try looking at the brake pedal switch. This does seem to be a common fault which make those lights go on.

if the brake light switch were at fault would the brake lights still be ok? Also the cruise control functions as normal. Its a strange one.

if the brake light switch were at fault would the brake lights still be ok? Also the cruise control functions as normal. Its a strange one
g.png
Thanks for advice

if the brake light switch were at fault would the brake lights still be ok? Also the cruise control functions as normal. Its a strange one.

Pretty sure there is more than one set of contacts in the switch so it is possible for the brake lights to work but the switch be faulty.

Pretty sure there is more than one set of contacts in the switch so it is possible for the brake lights to work but the switch be faulty.

Yes, there are several contacts in the switch, for different ECU's I presume. The W202 electrical architecture isn't that complex.

I have had exactly this problem at least once with my W202. New brake light switch was the fix. £15 for the genuine part a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom