W202 Kompressor Bolt-On?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rizal2510

Saw this on ebay.de and was wondering whether the conversion from normal to supercharged could be done by simply bolting on the kompressor? (by someone competent of course ) Any other issues that needs to be addressed before contemplating the job?

Mercedes Kompressor für W202,W208,W210 TOP !!!

Translated :
Translation

At that price it could be a worthwhile mod..for when the speed devil in you awakens :devil:

rizal2510 said:
Saw this on ebay.de and was wondering whether the conversion from normal to supercharged could be done by simply bolting on the kompressor? (by someone competent of course ) Any other issues that needs to be addressed before contemplating the job?

Mercedes Kompressor für W202,W208,W210 TOP !!!

Translated :
Translation

At that price it could be a worthwhile mod..for when the speed devil in you awakens :devil:
Anythings possible if your determined enough(and have the ££££££££££££££),however the blower is just one part of the system;you would also need all the trunking/hoses,intercooler,MAS`s,ECU,airbox,inlet manifold,different pistons/head?(comp-ratio?)plus a whole box full of other gubbins.
Not really realistic is it?
Its interesting seeing that picture though because ive been wondering for a while if MB changed the drive to the blower-that one looks like it has a electromagnetic clutch on the pulley-mine does not.TOP!!!

Last edited:
rizal2510 said:

I dont claim to be an expert in this area but I am also curious. So far the parts list comes down to this.

- new head gasket. Must be thicker to drop the idle compression

- new inlet manifold (plenum). About $200 Euro

- various air intake parts.

- some pressure hose for the intercooler

- intercooler (you can use AMG one here)

- reprogramme the ECU at MB dealer - download the K profile

- new V belt

- possibly some other new pulleys.

- air vent bypass (part of the air intake system).

Probably looking at about $1000 pounds worth including labour. Its a reasonably huge undertaking without the best advice. Maybe you can pick the brains of someone from Brabus or Kleeman before you go further.

I know Mercedes Performance do a K conversion but it runs out at £5500 so that should give you an idea of the task at had.

lotusmark2 said:
I know Mercedes Performance do a K conversion but it runs out at £5500 so that should give you an idea of the task at had.

All we need now is someone to fax over the fitting list.

I looked in EPC and to my surprise I found that it looks somewhat different to the M271 setup.

Last edited:
Hmm...such a mammoth task to undertake for a K conversion..maybe easier to plumb in a Kompressor engine or change to a new car... :p

rizal2510 said:
Hmm...such a mammoth task to undertake for a K conversion..maybe easier to plumb in a Kompressor engine or change to a new car... :p

Oh dont be like that ..... what would be the joy of doing it if one could simply pay someone else to do it.

Oh dont be like that ..... what would be the joy of doing it if one could simply pay someone else to do it.

Well Toady B liar work like that all the time!!!

miro said:

Not putting off the idea completely but would gather more info on it before deciding ...

rizal2510 said:
Not putting off the idea completely but would gather more info on it before deciding ...

If a low payed worker on the Dark Continent can bolt it on then what precisely would the reason why someone else cant do the same.

I think its time to find that retrofit OEM list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom