W202 throttle response...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
I know what variable resistors are, I used to work with them on a regular basis, I'd love to know the justification for the price of this one. :devil:

To be fair Steve, it is a bit more than a variable resistor, it has a special housing and linkage..........................and probably a MB logo on it.:D

I wonder how much more it would cost to build a car from parts rather than buy one?

Steve, I hope you're still out there and you remember the lengthy thread about your W202 Pedal Value Sensor. Did that cure the problem? I'm having a similar problem with my 1994 202 2.5 diesel. Set on the throttle pedal two or three times and then finally it recognizes the signal and takes off (like a bat out of hell). Also when running along it will "surge". No power to overtake is also in there but then other times the car runs like a top.

Let me know if the PVS solution worked for you. Thanks!

hi steve,did you get the problem sorted?? have same problem with my 03 clk 320. neil

I got my problem sorted. It was the pedal value sensor. On my W202 that is (looking from inside the car) on the left hand side of the engine compartment, right next to the firewall. There are the throttle linkages and then under that a round switch about 1" diameter and 2.5" tall (approx). Mercedes wanted 690 euro for the switch. My local mechanic (Eric Norton, near Edgeworths Town in county Longford, Ireland) is a godsend. He had the part and installed it. 10 euro. Talk about leaving with a smile on your face!!!

Thanks , hope my local Indy is so helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom