W204 320 CDI zero boost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
270bhp is that a brabus chip or a remap? Could the issue be somewhat related, sounds as if it reaches a certain tolerance and then just shuts off to protect itself.

It is a Brabus box. It has crossed my mind several times and I have thought of disconnecting it to see. The kit interrupts boost, rail and first injector on each bank and I suppose must trick the ECU - so it could be the cause. Looks like there is some acoustic material around the injectors but it shouldn't take too long.

It does only happen at the bottom of the range, triggering on no-load, usually low speed. Nevertheless, still possible.

Last edited:
It is a Brabus box. It has crossed my mind several times and I have thought of disconnecting it to see. The kit interrupts boost, rail and first injector on each bank and I suppose must trick the ECU - so it could be the cause. Looks like there is some acoustic material around the injectors but it shouldn't take too long.

It does only happen at the bottom of the range, triggering on no-load, usually low speed. Nevertheless, still possible.

Yeah, that would be my suggestion. Apparently the brabus box only takes up to 30 min to connect/disconnect, so it's worth a try.

Brabux D6 box takes about 30 mins to take off, but in my experience, about 4 hours to put on because of the seriously inadequate Installation leaflet.

Never did get it to work so sent it back.

I'd be interested to hear if the OP notices any drop in performance with it removed..

I'd be interested to hear if the OP notices any drop in performance with it removed..

Off topic but this last is an interesting question! Sounds like you have your doubts? I had the kit checked out by Brabus and subsequently installed by the garage I use at service. I was not sure of any difference but then I had not had the car that long at the time.
I did 'measure' the power using Torque Pro - which is not easy as you have to keep it nailed a good long time to get a good measurement sample! FWIW, it did register what it was supposed to.

[Delivery is quite different to the 9000 RPM Honda!]

I'd have disconnected it before but the original issue is not occurring frequently enough to tell. I'd have to leave it off for a month to be sure.

Freeform,

I'm dragging the subject off-topic a bit but I'm interested in your statement "it did register what it was supposed to".

Are you saying the 0-60 time was faster with the Brabus box installed?

If so by how much?

I'd quite like to know if fitting a Brabus box is worthwhile.. it's not exactly cheap.

In TorquePro, if you enter the vehicle weight (with driver, fuel etc.), you can get an indication of peak torque and power.

I didn't do before/after, 0-60 or anything; it felt fast to me before and maybe faster after but I wasn't any more scientific than that!

I am sure it is the fastest car I have owned (which I might say more about me than the car). Most of the time, I am cruising at 70, or stuck in traffic!

Brabus kits are cheap enough on ebay.

Update:

Limp mode occurrences increased early in January, the local independent, Huxley ran Star on it which confirmed my earlier scans (P0237 Turbo boost pressure circuit low, agreed with my initial thought that this suggests an electrical fault. Turbo, EGR, flap motor not suspected) and the Brabus D6 was disconnected.

Now almost three week and no recurrence since.

D6 is still in situ so will remove it completely next.

Thanks to all for the input.

Fixed

Update:

Limp mode occurrences increased early in January, the local independent, Huxley ran Star on it which confirmed my earlier scans (P0237 Turbo boost pressure circuit low, agreed with my initial thought that this suggests an electrical fault. Turbo, EGR, flap motor not suspected) and the Brabus D6 was disconnected.

Now almost three week and no recurrence since.

D6 is still in situ so will remove it completely next.

Thanks to all for the input.

I have a 2011 C250 W205 2.2 diesel 88K, and the faults you have been having sound very similar to me, except my problem didn't get worse over time, it just appeared one morning. It started with a very jerky acceleration, but if I put my foot down, it took off and went fine. When I stopped and key cycled the ignition, the car drove perfectly for a minute before going into limp mode. Every key cycle gave me 30 seconds of normal driving, then into limp mode again. Are you saying the problem on your car was solved by removing the Brabus box, or is was it something else?

I had one garage look at my car who have charged me £200 to change the boost pressure sensor, and the fuel filter, but the problem persists. Its now with an Indy who hopefully know what they are doing.

Many thanks

Hi,
I know it's been a long time, but have you found the solution? I have exactly the same problem.

Hi,
I know it's been a long time, but have you found the solution? I have exactly the same problem.
I had exactly the same issue on my C250 CDI Bluefficiency Sports, the grage told me that its an intermitten fault related to boost pressure sensor, either wiring or the sensor itself. There were two changes he made, no 1 my battery was very old and almost dead, he changed. Secondly, he changed the boost pressure sensor. Afterwards, car is driving like a new.

I have suffered the same problem this last summer, including going on holiday to Brittany, where it occasionally got embarrassing when the old tank (S204) decided to go into Morris Minor mode!
Long story short....CHECK YOUR VACUUM RUBBER PIPES.....the problem was traced to a rubber 'Y' joining piece at the front of the engine split, and leaking.
My Mechanic charged £75 + VAT for his time and didn't even charge for the new part!
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom