W204 Aerial Amplifier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does the remote fob work from 20 feet away?

Dec

I have a similar issue on the W221. I noticed some time back that certain street lights interfere with the radio reception. Now, when I put on the rear demister the interference is bad. Early in the morning, ie. when damp, I can get interference whether or not the demister is on. I think I may have a bad earth as the grid on the screen is not damaged. I replaced the frighteningly named, Parasitic Stopper module as I thought that may have failed but it made no difference.

I will now drop the headlining to see if there is anything obvious before trying a second hand antenna amp.

The amps are on eBay ranging from £12-£120. Not sure on dealer price yet. Waiting for them to come back to me. Would be better with a brand new one as you don't know what your getting with a second hand one.

Mark

Check the amp is getting power?
Antennenverstärker Verstärker Mercedes C-Klasse W204 Kombi A 2048205589 | eBay

ladeBild.php

Any chance the 204 aerial amp is the same as the 203 one? I have a brand new 203 amp gathering dust in my garage!

Part numbers are different from what I can find online. Thanks though.

£176+vat I was quoted today from the stealers
Supply only

Hi Mark,
I've been looking on the forum and i have the same problem on my estate as you has with poor radio reception.
Did you sort it?
if so what did you buy and how much and was it easy to replace ?

many thanks

Hi

I have a similar radio problem with my w204 estate but having removed the trim, I can see the left hand wire from the screen antenna has snapped off at some point (only the solder connection remaining). The connection and yellow wire on the right seems fine. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amplifier connections or any pictures of an amplifier with all the wires intact? I could try and source a new connection I guess if I know where it goes!

Attachments

• 0D310366-6DDC-437B-8E3B-DD55DB8729C2.jpeg
    0D310366-6DDC-437B-8E3B-DD55DB8729C2.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 15
Hi

I have a similar radio problem with my w204 estate but having removed the trim, I can see the left hand wire from the screen antenna has snapped off at some point (only the solder connection remaining). The connection and yellow wire on the right seems fine. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amplifier connections or any pictures of an amplifier with all the wires intact? I could try and source a new connection I guess if I know where it goes!
Dear SIMON

Did you get round to fixing this problem?
As I have a similar issue, i will check the fuse and then wires and then probably the antenna amp?
any help is appreciated.
thanks

Hi to anyone browsing this thread.

I've also got poor FM reception (CD/SD OK so I know it's reception vs. noise). Checked Fuse 46 in rear SAM and it's OK, pulling it makes the reception no better nor worse so wanted to move onto the aerial amplifiers.

In the W204 sedan, what is the best way to remove the (enough) trim to check connections to and / or access A2/18 and A2/19? Even if only to visually check any replacement / substitute components are correct before ordering them.

Cheers

Just to update I've located one of the amps, it's part A204 280 0089 and it's marked CL which no doubt means it's the FM/AM/CL signal amplifier, but it looks to attach to the same point on the screen demister terminal (which I assume is the return connection)

IMG_1495.JPEG

I've ordered salvage parts for both amps A204 820 0189 which is marked DHR which I think is located near the shark fin so that's going to be digital radio (DAB not fitted), and telephony for the COMAND unit?

Can't actually get in to remove that Torx screw with my current set of tools, will have to locate a ratchet with the correct fitment for the Torx set I have. Plus I'm being hindered by lack of daylight and removed parts (I don't have the luxury of a garage :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom